Mitsubishi prices

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Anyone please tell me the sticker price for a Mitsubishi Outlander...etc. I found the site for the dealership in Santiago and Santo Domingo but there are no prices. I'm trying to determine if it is worthwhile to bring one with me or just buy there. Once you figure in the transportation costs plus customs it might not be savings to bring one in unless it's already bought and paid for.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
take a look at supercarros.com, you'll probably find quite a few. i would think that if you are going to have new, it is nice to have the dealer around. mitsubishi may honor the warranty here, on a car that was bought overseas, but this is the DR anything is possible.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Unless you love barter and having to fight to the last penny with corrupt people/institutions/rules/chaos, buying a used or new car in the DR will be best at the very end...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Unless you love barter and having to fight to the last penny with corrupt people/institutions/rules/chaos, buying a used or new car in the DR will be best at the very end...[/Quote

My wife loves a good fight, and has years of dealing with Dominican government officials, but we haven't dealt with customs yet.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Unless you love barter and having to fight to the last penny with corrupt people/institutions/rules/chaos, buying a used or new car in the DR will be best at the very end...[/Quote

My wife loves a good fight, and has years of dealing with Dominican government officials, but we haven't dealt with customs yet.

Once customs set a price is non-negotiable, the added fees are what you'll pay at the dock, title, first time tags, etc...

Bringing the car over with the 6 month to 1 year rate is more like playing musical chairs, you may get a seat or you may not...

It all depends on how you dance to the beat of their music...

Honestly, buying the car in the DR will save you money in the long run...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Once customs set a price is non-negotiable, the added fees are what you'll pay at the dock, title, first time tags, etc...

Bringing the car over with the 6 month to 1 year rate is more like playing musical chairs, you may get a seat or you may not...

It all depends on how you dance to the beat of their music...

Honestly, buying the car in the DR will save you money in the long run...

Thanks for the advice. One more question- Is the price advertised by dealers in the DR with the taxes included or do you have to add 16% to the price?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks for the advice. One more question- Is the price advertised by dealers in the DR with the taxes included or do you have to add 16% to the price?
When I bought my X-Terra, the price was the price, all inclusive except for some odd RD$1500 fee when we picked up the tag/matricula from the dealer a month later, some fee from the gubmint passed through the dealer.

Expect to add 60%+/- to the cost of the vehicle, plus shipping costs, when you import your own vehicle.

Unless you have a specific need for a specific vehicle that cannot be obtained here (I did), buy in the DR. Both your emotional well-being and piggy bank will thank me later.:classic: