Newbie here to say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uk300wrx

May 26, 2008
Hi everyone, would just like to say first i think this is a great site loads of useful info on here.
Me and my family are off to breezes june 27 for 2wks (4wks 4days) i'm so excited can't wait, we came to dom rep 2 years ago and stayed at casa marina in sosua and fell in love with the people and the country.

I just have a few questions, i have read a lot about people having a planner just what is a planner? how much do they cost? and what sort of things do they plan? when we came last time we done lots of trips, island of saona, ocean world, dune buggys, monster safari and marlin fishing (didnt catch anything), so looking to try something different, any recommendations?
Also deffinately want to do paradise island this time, what are your views on this and who is the best to book with?
One last question my hubby is a lover of dark beer is there anywhere that sells this ( last year in tunisia we asked for a dark beer, they mixed coke with lager, it's an aquired taste lol )

Sorry in advance for all the questions but i am so excited about are trip.
Cheers Nicola

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Welcome.....

Hi Nicola - Welcome to DR1

And how many hours, minutes and seconds until your trip!!:cheeky:

I am in the UK so will read this ahead of a lot of DR1 members many of whom live near to your resort and can answer your questions.
I will wait and see what they say ;)

With the planner thing - Are you sure they don't mean "planner" who is a respected poster, social butterfly and avid dancer who gives great advice on the Puerto Plata area and living issues? Just a thought, otherwise even I am not sure what a planner is - new one on me :ermm:

Have a wonderful holiday - it is hot,hot,hot out there at the moment remember your factor 30!

Rio

uk300wrx

May 26, 2008
Hi Rio, with regards to the planner i was reading a post can't remember which one but someone met up with a planner and showed them around took them dancing, ( i think it was the 26day post ) so i assumed you could hire a planner a bit like when you can hire a taxi driver to take you round the island, but your probably right a planner must be a repected poster. Whoops( red face ).
Already got my factor 30,20,15 lol

Thank Nicola

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
One and the same

Hi Rio, with regards to the planner i was reading a post can't remember which one but someone met up with a planner and showed them around took them dancing, ( i think it was the 26day post ) so i assumed you could hire a planner a bit like when you can hire a taxi driver to take you round the island, but your probably right a planner must be a repected poster. Whoops( red face ).

Thank Nicola

Yes - that is "planner" if dancing was involved - not sure if she is for hire though!
Again, if you are looking for a guide to show you around and get out of the resort, I am sure that a few of the locals will be able to point you in the right direction.
A good jeep safari is a good way of seeing a few sights and sounds but if it is something a bit more informal a lot of the taxi drivers are pretty good guides as well - you just need a good one!

Best wishes
Rio

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I can't resist posting on this thread!!!! Thanks for the nice comments....

I would be "planner"...... No you can't buy me but I might be for rent.....;)

Seriously if I can help in any way, just ask. As for tours to do - surf the net.... but Paradise Island is nice, bring extra clothes for the return journey of about 2 hours on a cold bus! I also recommend the jeep safari to Damajagua Falls. I have been there at least 12 times!

Dancing - if you want to go dancing - just let me know.

Request - there are 4 of you coming -- any room for some used baseball equipment???? I just delivered some equipment over the weekend and will post photos in another thread BUT we need more - shoes, gloves, bats, balls....etc... any help is always appreciated!!!!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Were you're ears burning?

I can't resist posting on this thread!!!! Thanks for the nice comments....

I was hoping you would see this planner -

I am in a good mood today - just didn't want to lay it on too thick!!

;)
Rio

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uhhh, "Planner"????????????? The chick's from the UK, they know baseball like you know nuclear physics...Cricket maybe butnot baseball.

Paradise Island!! How I hate that name...it is Cayo Arena and it is used by Paradise Tours as a stop for their tours t o Punta Rucia...I do not like them either!

Oh well, the tourists seem to enjoy themselves...

Hope these folks have a good visit, they seem like nice folks...

Nicola: Forget the 15 and 25, and look for 50 or 70....Lobster red spoils a holiday..

HB

Feb 7, 2007

Thank Nicola

I didn't laugh that good all day today...

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Uhhh, "Planner"????????????? The chick's from the UK, they know baseball like you know nuclear physics...Cricket maybe butnot baseball.
HB
Not QUITE true HB - OUR girls still play the original game of baseball, it is called 'Rounders' but may be a bit more physical (& bouncy) than what is played in the US & here!! :cheeky: :cheeky: :pirate: The 'bats' used to be wood but maybe metal now & shaped fairly similar to baseball bats. They would certainly act as an 'introductory' hitting item!! :ermm: ~ Grahame :paranoid:

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom

Hey HB we know baseball it's rounders for men right:cheeky:

Hope to meet up with you in 3 weeks for a round in Santiago and some wonderful pancakes:cheeky:

Best Regards
Ray last seen 2006 with Bushbaby

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
A "Show us around planner"

Why ever not?
After all, we have Party Planners, Wedding Planners, Family Planners !
Why not a "show me around and give me a good time" planner.....
Whoops I forgot -
We have sankey pankeys! :cheeky:
The good mood continues - I love a feel good thread ;)
Rio

uk300wrx

May 26, 2008
Hi all, i'm pleased to have brightend up your day with my post lol.

Not sure what you mean about sankey pankeys an all that, but i'm just a tourist:ermm:

But why ever not? (as Rio quoted)
After all, we have Party Planners, Wedding Planners, Family Planners !
Why not a "show me around and give me a good time" planner.....
Whoops I forgot -
We have sankey pankeys!

With regards to baseball stuff, sorry don't own anything to do with baseball, got a few basketball tops and maybe footie tops that my son has outgrown, but have to be careful with my luggage as we only have 15kg each of luggage so thats 3 cases for me and 1 for my hubby and 2 sons ;)

regards Nicola

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Hi all, i'm pleased to have brightend up your day with my post lol.

Not sure what you mean about sankey pankeys an all that, but i'm just a tourist:ermm:

With regards to baseball stuff, sorry don't own anything to do with baseball, got a few basketball tops and maybe footie tops that my son has outgrown, but have to be careful with my luggage as we only have 15kg each of luggage so thats 3 cases for me and 1 for my hubby and 2 sons ;)

regards Nicola

Hi again Nicola,
Don't you worry about sankey pankeys - not applicable! :paranoid:

Yes, be careful with the lugggage - the UK airlines have cut back drastically on the weight allowances and bearing in mind a suitcase weighs a few kilos to start with, it gets a bit tight! Excess lugggage is around ?8 a kilo at the moment so bringing freebies and prezzies can cost a fortune.
I wouldn't worry too much about bringing anything if I were you, just yourselves and everything you need to make your hol a great one.
Have a great holiday - I am jealous!!! :disappoin

Keep reminding people you need to know about dark beer - mind you we drink Presidente - nectar of the Dominican republic!!

:cheeky:
Rio

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Welcome to DR1...getting back to your question we live near Breezes and will be more than happy to help.Send me a PM and I can give you our phone # & further trip ideas.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Now you've torn it ;). Someone, somewhere will now start a 'What is a respectable expat thread'...............................:laugh:

Too funny!!!!! We are all having a good laugh over this thread.....

Seriously didn't know you were brit..... thought everyone knew about baseball.... what the heck do I know......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.