Question? My wife is Dominican

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
Hello.
My wife is Dominican, I am American. Can I get a Cedula? If so what to do? How long?
Blanca

J

John Evans

I take it you didnt get an answer when you asked the same question in 2003

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hello.
My wife is Dominican, I am American. Can I get a Cedula? If so what to do? How long?
Blanca

Assuming you live here you need to apply for provisional residency first. Search the threads for what to do - it is cheap and easy.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Hi you can IM me ....I received my cedula you are married to a dominican so it is fairly simple now in comparison to before. I had my paper work completed in 45 days.

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
You can obtaining Dominican citizenship as the husband of a Dominican based on Article 11 of the Constitution and Article 1 of Law 1683 of 1948. The application to the Ministry of Interior must be signed by both spouses and must be submitted with the following documents:

1) Certified copy of the marriage certificate, legalized at the Junta Central Electoral. If the marriage took place abroad, the certificate should be authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate. If the marriage certificate is in a foreign language, it should be translated into Spanish by a translator certified in the DR and authenticated at the General Attorney?s office in Santo Domingo.

2) Certified copy of the husband's birth certificate, authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate and at the appropriate offices in the Dominican Republic.

3) Certified copy of the wife's birth certificate, legalized at the Junta Central Electoral.

4) 3 pictures, 2 x 2, of the husband.

5) Photocopy of the wife?s C?dula.

6) Photocopy of the husband?s Passport.

7) Stamps, government fees, etc.

All citizenship applications need to be filed in Santo Domingo

For more info PM me or write to info@drlawyer.com

Regards,

Alfredo