Bayahibe to Samana

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Is there a bus from Bayahibe to Samana, the easy way? I'd heard that you can do an excursion to partake of whale watching in season so expect it must be possible somehow...

Were you to take a bus from Bayahibe to Puerto Plata or Cabarete or a hot destination in the north, must you go through Santo Domingo or is there an alternate route possible? Is there a north coast destination reachable more quickly than another? Do you book it as that--point A to point B--or do you break it down into its components?

I clearly know nothing about this and am asking for a friend. Please feel free to over-explain if you can point me in the right direction! Thanks so much for the expertise.

Kaki

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I dont know if this is the easiest but here goes.....

She could take a bus from Bayahibe to Santo Doming, then transfer to the Caribe Tours station, and get a Caribe Tours bus from the Capital to Samana.

Hope it all works out for her.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
You also can go by bus to La Romana, El Seibo, Hato Mayor, Sabana de la Mar and than by boat to the town Samana.

Thanks for your reply drloca!

Dre Broeders, that was the route I was thinking of! To know it's achievable by bus is great. Is it easy to effect? How long would all those transfers take? AND any idea on cost?

For personal use...I'd like to see something of that area too. I have access to a vehicle and driver (a local), though he's never been that way himself. For rookies driving from Bayahibe, is there anything we'd need to know to get to Sabana de la Mar?

Oh, the possibilities!

Kaki