Bonao

jdt

May 31, 2008
Hello,

Has anyone ever been to Bonao? If you traveled there from Santo Domingo, what form of transportation did you use? How safe did you feel? What are the people like? Please share any info that you think is important. I want to visit Bonao, but I don't think I should go by myself. Is there a local cemetary there? If so what is the name and location? I need to make a pilgrimage to a gravesight, but I don't have much information, so I'm not sure where to begin. I hope this posting fits the criteria. If not, I apologize. I'm a newbie to the DR and posting.

Thank you so much for your help.

jdt
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jdt
Find all posts by jdt
Add jdt to Your Contacts

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
bonao

hi there

yes i have been to bonao, last year i stayed there for 2 months, i was the only white, and english guy in the town, alone , i had no problems with the locals, in fact i met a girl in the town, liked her so much i married her, we have been together for 15 months now and live in sosua, im currently out the country but we often visit her family there, as for the cemetery im not sure of the location, but if you intend on staying there for a few days, stay at hotel aquarious, some of the staff there speak good english , maybe they can help

cheers

carl