Thread: Accommodation in San Pedro de Macoris

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Accommodation in San Pedro de Macoris

Hello everyone,
    I am planning a 2 week trip at the end of July to San Pedro. Can anyone tell me if there's any reasonable accommodation here? I am looking for a decent hotel or an apartment. I have been browsing the posts here and I see there's not much info on San Pedro accommodations. I have visited DR in the past twice (AI of course ) but now I need to stay in SPDM.
    Thank you
    PS: I am open to other suggestions from people that know the area well.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelin View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am planning a 2 week trip at the end of July to San Pedro. Can anyone tell me if there's any reasonable accommodation here? I am looking for a decent hotel or an apartment. I have been browsing the posts here and I see there's not much info on San Pedro accommodations. I have visited DR in the past twice (AI of course ) but now I need to stay in SPDM.
    Thank you
    PS: I am open to other suggestions from people that know the area well.
    Hi Kaelin,
    Have you thought about spending those 2 weeks in Juan Dolio, it's only 10 minutes away from SPDM. I have apartments right on the beach Home - www.rentalmetrocountry.com
    If you're looking for something more economical then you might want to contact Dre Broeders in the forum.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My Website is Guesthouse Holland
    I have 25 apartments available 80 meters from the beach.
    Nearby bars and six restaurants and small supermarket.
    All the apartements have kitchen and cable-television.

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The best hotel in San Pedro is called the Howard Johnson. Try and google that.

Matilda

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There are an aparthotel just next to Jumbo Star Aparthotel but howard Jhonson is better

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - San Pedro's Howard Johnson is no doubt your best bet.

Just as an fyi, there is a place called "Rio Vista" just down the road (going west) of the Howard Johnson. It's right across the street of a newly constructed playground. It's really no frills, no AC, power is out often, but when I stayed there it was clean and it had been kept up. I'm sure it'd be a lot less expensive than the Howard Johnson - but....as with all things you get what you pay for.

I'll say again that all things considered the Howard Johnson is the way to go.

Just trying to give you all options.