Air Dominicana

Dominicana440

May 3, 2003
I think it is a very bad sign if an airline makes an announcement that it will start flying in May and later makes a revision and says it will start June 16. Not even the web site is up and running. Specially bad, if the government is behind it. Very strange.

And what happend to Merengue Airlines and Sol Dominicana?

Very strange

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I think it is a very bad sign if an airline makes an announcement that it will start flying in May and later makes a revision and says it will start June 16. Not even the web site is up and running. Specially bad, if the government is behind it. Very strange.

And what happend to Merengue Airlines and Sol Dominicana?

Very strange

The first aircraft delivered and on his way to the DR was having some problems, and the company decided to allow for a nice meticulous check up before continuing on the initial operational schedule. Something that tells me they're doing it the right way...

Merengue Air and Sol are in the mid stages regarding FAA approvals and operational permits to the airports they want to begin service with.

Dominicana440

May 3, 2003
Right way?

In this business doing it the right way means preparing everything in such a way, that once the work is done you go public. Not the other way around. How can you trust an airline if airplines are not chosen right the first time?

And the issue with the web site is critical. Lausy preparation speak volumes for a mediocre operation. Image is key in the business.

I wish Air Dominicana all the best anyway.

Apr 26, 2002
The first aircraft delivered and on his way to the DR was having some problems, and the company decided to allow for a nice meticulous check up before continuing on the initial operational schedule. Something that tells me they're doing it the right way.

What gobbeldygook. Kiss it goodbye. Barely made sense before, and now makes absolutely no sense with oil at $137/barrel. Air Europa is struggling like everyone else - no time for this crap. Leonel's happy sucking every last centavo of aviation fuel tax from the carcasses of dying airlines.

Last edited:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What gobbeldygook. Kiss it goodbye. Barely made sense before, and now makes absolutely no sense with oil at $137/barrel. Air Europa is struggling like everyone else - no time for this crap. Leonel's happy sucking every last centavo of aviation fuel tax from the carcasses of dying airlines.

Dominican Aviation Board approves more incoming, outgoing flights

SANTO DOMINGO.- The Civil Aviation Board approved several requests by different airlines to operate flights from and to Dominican Republic, said its director Luis Rodriguez Ariza.

The official said in the last meetings the requests have been approved for the carrier WestJet to operate two weekly passengers and cargo flights between Toronto and Puerto Plata (north) and Toronto and Punta Cana (east). "This adds to the announced increase in frequencies of Jet Blue and Air Europa airlines."

Also approved in the last session were the announced 283 passenger charter and cargo flights from various cities in Europe, United States and Latin America, as part of the Dominican Government?s thrust to attract aviation, recently announced by president Leonel Fernandez.

http://www2.dominicantoday.com/dr/e...Board-approves-more-incoming-outgoing-flights

I guess they are on Leonel's payroll as well?!?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I saw a 737 in Air Dom. livery on the ramp at Las Americas when I flew out on Tue. I think it was a -300 or -400.