Bigamy/Polygamy Puerto plata

savetourists

Jun 21, 2008
Can anyone tell me what the law is in Puerto Plata for Bigamy/Polygamy?
How does one charge someone with Bigamy/Polygamy
How does someone get their marriage annulled if their marriage really is not legal due to a previous marriage they did not know about.
Please provide phone numbers and names of English speaking Lawyers in Puerto Plata. Thanks for your help

Feb 7, 2007
Fiscalia. File a report at a local fiscalia. They will start prosecuting. Polygamy is not legal in the DR anywhere, not just POP. You may want to involve a lawyer, especially if you need to protect your interests.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Aye, this stuff is not legal here. As far as locating that lawyer:

-----------------------------------------------------

Camilo Brugal y Asociados
Providing Legal Services in th Dominican Republic

Calle Beller Esq. 30 de Marzo # 8
Puerto Plata 57000
Dominican Republic

Tel: (809) 261-3111 / 261-3115
Fax: (809) 261-3995

Russin Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti
Plaza Turisol No. 11-A
P. O. Box 650
Puerto Plata, Rep?blica Dominicana
Tel. (809) 586-5535
Fax: (809) 586-5861
Email: rmedina@rvhb.com

Please note that I found these lawyers advertising in webpages, they all say they speak English. For this reason, they might charge a little extra $$. Don't get lured in by anything, make sure to shop around for prices, this is a serious matter but not an emergency.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Who was it that said: "Why a man marries one woman is a mystery. Why he marries two is a bigamistry...":cheeky:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Who was it that said: "Why a man marries one woman is a mystery.
1643.gif

Why he marries two is a bigamistry..."
icim3r-1.gif
icim3r-1.gif
icim3r-1.gif

A bigger mystery... Too funny.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOnderful Rocky!!!

I guest the DDD was not all that D, was he/she???????????

HAHAHAHA another one bites the dust!!!!!!

And we told you so (or would have if you had asked@@@)

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In the DR if someone gets married and is still previously married the marriage is void. It is not a legal marriage and he has no standing. Do not waste a ton of money on lawyers.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In the DR if someone gets married and is still previously married the marriage is void. It is not a legal marriage and he has no standing. Do not waste a ton of money on lawyers.
Agreed.
Rubio's advice is spot on.
The only reason to involve lawyers is if there are some financial interests that need protecting or acquiring, otherwise, avoid them.
Fiscalia. File a report at a local fiscalia. They will start prosecuting. Polygamy is not legal in the DR anywhere, not just POP. You may want to involve a lawyer, especially if you need to protect your interests.

savetourists

Jun 21, 2008
Thanks rubio Can you give me information where the Fiscalia is in Puerto plata address, email , phone etc? Is Fascallia a Police Station? I heard that even if i prove the two marriage certificates that a Dominican Man would be picked up and put in Jail for Bigamy/Polygamy but if somone had money to help him friends or family could easily just get him out he would not serve the 15-20 year sentance 100%. Do you know what prrof exactly I would need to put him in Prision and would a Lawyer get further than I could alone.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Thanks rubio Can you give me information where the Fiscalia is in Puerto plata address, email , phone etc? Is Fascallia a Police Station? I heard that even if i prove the two marriage certificates that a Dominican Man would be picked up and put in Jail for Bigamy/Polygamy but if somone had money to help him friends or family could easily just get him out he would not serve the 15-20 year sentance 100%. Do you know what prrof exactly I would need to put him in Prision and would a Lawyer get further than I could alone.

OK, I know you're probably very bitter but please follow the advice people are giving you here. Just make sure your marriage is annulled and move on with your life. Do not spend a ton of money trying to get this guys prosecuted. 15-20 years? Are you kidding me? Even murderers don't get such a heavy sentence.

Even if you get to put him in jail he will serve ...hmmm...help me out here guys...I would say a week at the most. Understand this is NOT a big deal in The DR. TONS of guys have more than one wife sometimes they live within a stone throw of each other. Here's a recent thread about the subject http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/75884-dominican-form-poligamy.html

Of course you would have known this if you had done your homework before marrying this guy. Anyhow, cut your losses, chuck it to experience, and move on.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rubio lives in another part of the country.
I believe that you need only go to the court building and ask for the Fiscal's office (mornings only).
You would need proof that he was previously married, of course.
Don't get all wrapped up in getting him incarcerated.
Get your marriage annulled and cut your losses.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Incarcerated? They may give him a Medal. This is the DR, move on like Rocky said.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Your first concern, in my humble opinion, should be to protect your own financial interests in case Lothario attempts to use the marriage certificate to extract a ton of money from you. Your wish for vengeance will cost you money: if you don't live here & have residency you would need to deposit a financial bond prior to criminal prosecution. I'm assuming from your handle & posts that you don't live here, don't speak Spanish & don't know how the Courts work?

The Fiscal's office is not the police station.The Fiscal is the prosecutor - in Puerto Plata the offices of all Fiscals are inside the new Court building at the intersection of Hermanas Mirabal with the Luis Ginebra roundabout. Website for all Fiscals is here, scroll down for Puerto Plata
..:: Procuradur?*a General de la República Dominicana ::.. Procuradur?*as Fiscales y Procuradur?*as de Corte

Of course it's out of date in that Domingo Belliard is no longer the Fiscal but the phone number should still be good. You can choose Appeal Court Procurator Fiscal Felix Alvarez Rivera email pgcpuertoplata@procuraduria.gov.do or lower Court Chief Fiscal Victor Mueses email pfpuertoplata@procuraduria.gov.do There is a Fiscal with good English, Dr. Jose Martinez Montan but as I only have his personal email address I'm sorry I can't pass that on.

To find a reputable lawyer you could use the search function on DR1 & read people's recommendations. Any unscrupulous lawyer would salivate at your details because this case could be strung out over a long period of time thus earning them lots of your money & you wouldn't know if you're being jollied along or not. Since you've already given evidence of being easy to con (your bigamist 'husband') you would need to be very careful about entering the lion's den a second time............... If this was merely a holiday romance which morphed into signing a piece of paper then get it annulled to protect yourself & move on. If however you have children by this man then good legal advice would be necessary to prevent future issues.

Above all else, learn from the experience to become a wiser person. In a few years time the hurt pride will have faded & you'll be entertaining your friends with this story. And I for one would love for you to come back here then & share that with us. Good luck to you!

savetourists

Jun 21, 2008
The more people continue to let Dominican men get away with there sick Illegal games the more women are going to be hurt by them. okay yes I was fooled for 2 1/2 years I did my research but he was that good that he stilled fooled me his entire family mother, 8 siblings cousins children etc...who would believe that a guy would be so sick cry as much as he did about his life and get a woman to fall for him for nothing but a ticket to Canada. Oh and marry two people knowing Immigration might catch that he was not thinking, he was good but not that good cause he got caught before his ticket out of Dominican. I will be pressing charges and he will pay for it even if it costs me money one day in Jail and being beaten and raped up his ass would be good enough for me. He has to pay somehow so that smerk is wiped off his Face. Thanks for your input but again if anyone can help me find out the Police Station need Padre Granero puerto plata I would appreciate your help, as for all the other info telling me to let him get away with it...I am not interested in hearing it. I can not stand back and wait for the next Victim he gets and hurts...
Respect my wishes please...

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
When do you plan on going down there to speak with the police/prosecutor??

Let us know the outcome.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Your wishes are to get revenge. That is despicable. Understandable, but despicable.

Even if you are hurt, I would not help you to get revenge. To make matters worse, the police here would just laugh at you. Sorry, just go with the annulment and move on, please.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The more people continue to let Dominican men get away with there sick Illegal games the more women are going to be hurt by them. okay yes I was fooled for 2 1/2 years I did my research but he was that good that he stilled fooled me his entire family mother, 8 siblings cousins children etc...who would believe that a guy would be so sick cry as much as he did about his life and get a woman to fall for him for nothing but a ticket to Canada. Oh and marry two people knowing Immigration might catch that he was not thinking, he was good but not that good cause he got caught before his ticket out of Dominican. I will be pressing charges and he will pay for it even if it costs me money one day in Jail and being beaten and raped up his ass would be good enough for me. He has to pay somehow so that smerk is wiped off his Face. Thanks for your input but again if anyone can help me find out the Police Station need Padre Granero puerto plata I would appreciate your help, as for all the other info telling me to let him get away with it...I am not interested in hearing it. I can not stand back and wait for the next Victim he gets and hurts...
I'm sorry dear, but you must be hallucinating.
as for all the other info telling me to let him get away with it...
Nobody, not a single person has suggested this.
We have however advised you that you won't manage to get his ass in jail, as you might manage to do in Canada, thus the advice to not bother with lawyers to do so.
Even if you managed to get him detained for one night, big deal.
Now, whether you choose to listen to the advice is another matter, but we would expect a bit of respect from you.
You asked for help and we have offered up some good info, whether you realize it or not, but the least you could do is read the responses properly, and not accuse folks of having said something that they did not.
It's not as if we are paid to take your abuse.
We choose to help folks of our own free will, but we do expect and demand respect.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks for your input but again if anyone can help me find out the Police Station need Padre Granero puerto plata I would appreciate your help, as for all the other info telling me to let him get away with it...I am not interested in hearing it. I can not stand back and wait for the next Victim he gets and hurts...

You mean the police station in the centre of Puerto Plata? It's on Beller, entrance opposite Distribuidora Gonzalez furniture shop. The other & main one is on Luis Ginebra near Governor's office. Not sure why you would want the police station rather than the Fiscal's office? If you want to lay a complaint the police will send you along to the Fiscal. If you're going to the police station fired with the er.......enthusiasm your post implies then make sure they let you out again. I'm serious.

Yes ok, it's better you externalise your anger rather than internalise it & get depressed BUT................you need to do so judiciously. A gringa on the warpath here without friends in high places could be a dangerous position to be in. I know............you're not interested in hearing it. That's unfortunate but maybe part of a pattern? Did no-one indicate to you that 'husband' might have other fish to fry? Did you hear them?

Still wish you all the best though.

Yep I thought cobra's bigamistry was a great post too. :)