Alisei or LaDolceVita Residence?

on the road again

Jun 26, 2008
We're spending the weekend in Las Terrenas (driving up from SDQ, I promise to report on the new highway when we get back). We want something quite comfortable, with aircon and a quiet room. I've narrowed it down to the Alisei or La Dolce Vita. I believe the LDV has aircon, but charges extra. LDV seems the better bargain, but it depends on the quiet and the aircon factor. Does anyone have a sense of which would have quieter rooms? Any other comments? Thanks in advance.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Can only comment on Alisei as we stayed there last year. We were very impressed with the place in every respect, inclding the great location and on-site restaurant. There were no "extra" or hidden charges either.

While getting a good bargain is certainly a sense of accomplishment, you dont want to be disappointed. Also, with the cost of electicity in the DR being what it is and the weather currently very hot, you may land up spending the same once all is said and done.

Good luck, hope this helps.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
We're spending the weekend in Las Terrenas (driving up from SDQ, I promise to report on the new highway when we get back). We want something quite comfortable, with aircon and a quiet room. I've narrowed it down to the Alisei or La Dolce Vita. I believe the LDV has aircon, but charges extra. LDV seems the better bargain, but it depends on the quiet and the aircon factor. Does anyone have a sense of which would have quieter rooms? Any other comments? Thanks in advance.
Every apartment at Alisei got aircon in the bedroom, and the quieter rooms are at Alisei (very good insulated windows). You can choose a apartment on the far building from the road for extra silence, look at the aerial picture
Nothing wrong with LDV, but Alisei is a better place in many aspects.

Webdev

on the road again

Jun 26, 2008
Thanks WebDev and drloca, your comments match up with my reading between the lines on the websites... I'll let you know how it goes!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
By the way, the restaurant at Alisei is having "parrilladas"
(BBQ) on the beach every Friday and Saturday nights with
entertainment. Very nice.