Cheep tickets !!!!!!!!!

L

Laura

Check out American Airlines specials. Form Cleveland Oh to POP 337.99 each total cost. So many other great tickets. Going out on the 6th of OCT to Sosua.

P

Pat

FYI - This is a web fare special only. I bought my ticket for the same day for $300 more. I had to argue with them to give me the lower rate.

J

jerry kiefer

Bought RT ticket on AA (of course) Orlando to Puerto Plata for $220, thru Miami of course. Now the kicker, a flight during the Caribbean sale (?) Miami-Puerto Plata RT $360.
I love the math.

M

Michael

Just bought a cheap ticket from BWI to Santo Domingo with a connecting flight in Philadelphia for $388 (including taxes and fees). Standard rate is between $500-700. And this is for Carnival week February 21-28, 2001!!!. In fact, US Airways, now a major competitor of American Airlines began flying to the DR since August. Right now there is a caribbean sale going on with hard to beat prices from the Mid-Atlantic region, plus 5,000 frequent flyer miles just for booking your airfare online; and to top it off, getting an extra $10.00 off the already discounted fare as part of the promotion. I have seen postings by others with cheaper fares, but how many are getting 5,000 frequent flyer miles thrown in as well. That's 5,000 miles on top of the regular in flight segment miles you earn RT. I love you US Air!!!!!!!!!

L

Lynne

Re: Cheep tickets !!!!!!!!! EXCEPT FOR THOSE OF US

WHO LIVE HERE IN THE DR.
AMERICAN AIRLINES who has a monoply on the flights between POP and MIA (Miami) really knows how to stick it to those of us who must orginate their travel from Puerto Plata. I plan to fly to Miami and then on to Atlanta in Oct for a few days trip and the fare quoted is around 560 US dollars...depending on which day you speak to them. If I would start in Atlanta the fare is 227 for the same time/days/flights etc. SEEMS RATHER UNFAIR of AMERICAN AIRLINES to treat those who have no other choice in such a way. A great way to reward clients forced for years to use their services and pay their prices. If anyone knows a better way to get to Atlanta I am all ears. In the meantime I am planning a letter writing crusade to the head office in Dallas/Ft Worth. If anyone would like to express their discontent please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to include your comments
Thanks

In the meantime I spoke to US Air while I was recently in the US. There are round trip fares to Philly from POP for around 279. They do not penalize you for living in the DR. Support US Air....maybe they will expand their service

C

Charlotte

Re: Cheap Tickets - For Lynne

Lynne, I have a cousin that works for Delta airlines. She also just happens to live in Atlanta. She has a boyfriend who lives in POP so she travels to the DR frequently. Here is how she does it: She flies to San Jaun, P. Rico through Delta Airlines from Atlanta and then flies from San Jaun to POP. This might be a cheaper way for you to get to Atlanta. Good Luck!

Charlotte

M

Milli

Re: Cheap Tickets

Fly out of Toronto.....they have some good specials right now and its worth your dollar to!