Santiago to Puerto Plata

suzjjm

Jun 30, 2008
I am gonna be back and forth from Santiago (43 calle doctor sergio basono, cerro gurabo 3tercero) to Puerto Plata (Po Box 653, Playa Dorada
Puerto Plata, DO) which is the Carribean village playa dorada all inclusive resort. Can someone please give me driving directions and estimated time travel. Thanks. I havent booked the hotel and im leaving this Sunday so if I can hear a response soon I will appreciate it.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
It is literally one straight road. I drove it for the first time last week and it was a lot of fun!! You cant get lost....there are signs all the way from PP to Santiago and vice versa. Just stick to the same road. Should take maybe an hour....depends how you drive i suppose.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
http://bocachicabeach.net/images/maps/map_santiago_low.jpg

In this map you can see that '' Carretera Luperon " ( Carretera Turistica ) is in the west side of Cerros de gurabo tercero. Make a right turn and you will be driving directly to POP. Drive carefully the road is not in very good conditions.
Enjoy the most beautifull sightseen in the DR.

JJ.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Highways 1 & 5 is the long way, good condition, wider road.
Highway 25 shorter faster route, road in bad condition, drive with care.
Access this road in Santiago at Estrella Sadhala & Bartelemi Colon, at the Hache Hardware store, and in the North at La Gran parada in Montellano.

44.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
From Playa Dorada turn right. Follow that road to the traffic circle and go about 2/3 of the way around, continuing west. Follow that road until you get to Santiago.
As you arrive in Santiago you come to another traffic circle, go around and go straight. Basically you are traveling east.
You come to a series of traffic lights: Let me see, at the 8th one you will see a large brick covered building to your left, so be in the left lane.
The building is called HACHE. Turn left there to Dr. Bison?'s office.

I think I will call Sergio and ask him where the office is located. I do not know Street 43.

Sounds a bit complicated, but it is pretty straight forward.

HB

Cantaloulou

Feb 19, 2008
Highways 1 & 5 is the long way, good condition, wider road.
HOW LONG VIA 1 & 5?

Highway 25 shorter faster route, road in bad condition, drive with care.
HOW LONG VIA 25?

Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The government has not gone forward verywell withth repairs to the Luperon Highway. Do not take it.

Go by the Duarte Highway, Joaquin Balaguer Highway and the road to POP...it is easier and more traveled...

HB