New dominican movie

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Written and starred by Manny Perez in his hometown of Baitoa Santiago

El Hijo Del carnicero (The Butcher's Son) is about a kid that grows up with the urge
to avange his father's death as well as to clean up corruptions and delinquencies,
therefore making it a better place for future generations.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Any links to this new movie....

It is being filmed right now and the duration will take about 6 weeks.
The movie debut date is not yet comfirmed but it will debut in the USA
the same day upon film completion to try avoid piracy before hand.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I'm a bit confused but is it possible to debut a film the same date its completed. Im no filmmaker but something tells me its logistically not possible.:confused:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm a bit confused but is it possible to debut a film the same date its completed. Im no filmmaker but something tells me its logistically not possible.:confused:

Maybe what was meant was that the movie would be out the second its' edited.

This happens quite a bit, and latin american countries seem more susceptible to this than others.

In Brazil the film "Tropa De Elite" was bootlegged before it went through the final editing process and was out on the streets before the subtitles were complete.

More people saw it this way than in the theatres. Yet it was Brazils' most watched film when it was officially released.

So I understand these guys wanting to get it out ASAP so they can at least make money off it.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006

there are also "special screening" events for movie execs and copies made to be sent to certain theaters, countries, etc. all it takes is one person to get a copy, bootleg it and the movie industry takes a hit on the profits.
you'd be surprised that there are over 100 or so "movie sites" where you can go on the internet and watch movies for free.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
My point is that "special screenings" among other steps like editing make it impossible for the following to happen.....
The movie debut date is not yet comfirmed but it will debut in the USA
the same day upon film completion
to try avoid piracy before hand.

......but again as was stated in one of the links, it will be an independent film thus eliminating some steps but editing will not be one of those.