Felicidades Juan Luis Guerra

N

NewT

Two Latin Grammy Awards: best Merengue and best tropical song

He thoughtfully saluted the Dominican Republic. I'm surprised I can remember it after Shakira's "stirring" performance.

Y

Yve

In the Ny daily news they mistakenly introduced him as the dominican salsero Juan Luis Guerra. What a faux pas!!!

S

Susan

Indeed

and forgive me for saying this but I am so happy that the award for best Merengue went to a Dominican. I like the other nominees but when I think merengue I think Dominican. Besides, Juan Luis is the best and it's about time he got the recognition he deserves. VIVA REPUBLICA DOMINICANA!!!

M

Mary Kohn

Funny thing. Looked for his CDs on Tues. and Thurs. in Tokyo. Five floors of Cds. Juan Luis Guerra is still sold out. Guess I'll keep looking.
What's the name of the Merengue? (Sorry Tokyo's a long way away right now) So I can start with the best... Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

N

Natasha

Re: Felicidades Juan Luis Guerra and a question

When does the NYDN ever gets it right? ;-)

Does anyone recall the name of the Brazilian male singer that performed towards the end of the program - he was sitting on a chair playing the guitar and sang a beautiful song. He had dreadlocks. His was one of the best performances of the night!

Thanks,
Natasha

N

Natasha

Re: Felicidades Juan Luis Guerra and a question

Found the answer! His name is Djavan.

Y

Yve

Re: What's the name of the Merengue?

Ni es lo mismos ni es igual is the name of the album.

M

Mary Kohn

Re: What's the name of the Merengue?

Mil gracias Yve. I'll start looking.