Good Resort in Boca Chica/Juan DOlio

kateinottawa

May 5, 2008
Hi there,

I am getting married at the end of August in the Dominican Republic, and was wondering of some nice resorts in the Juan Dolio/Boca Chica area. If you could include the price of how much it cost you per night, that would be great too. I will be staying with my husband the first week, but then would like to stay at a resort for the remaining 5 days or so.

Any help/reviews/opinions of places are much appreciated. I find that many reviews in the "Resort Reviews" category are either out-of-date, or don't include how much it was.

Thank you!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Hi there,

I am getting married at the end of August in the Dominican Republic, and was wondering of some nice resorts in the Juan Dolio/Boca Chica area. If you could include the price of how much it cost you per night, that would be great too. I will be staying with my husband the first week, but then would like to stay at a resort for the remaining 5 days or so.

Any help/reviews/opinions of places are much appreciated. I find that many reviews in the "Resort Reviews" category are either out-of-date, or don't include how much it was.

Thank you!

Hi Kate in Ottowa,
Plse visit our website: Home - www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I can guarantee you that you'll love it here!!!
Incase you have anymore questions plse feel free to contact me anytime.
Frank

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Kate there are hotels and apartments in Juan Dolio. I don't know about Boca Chica. There are 4 star hotels and different types of apartments. pm me for more information.

matilda

kateinottawa

May 5, 2008
Hi Matilda/Frank

I think we may be looking for more of an all inclusive-type place, but we are definitely open to suggestions. I will take a look/message you. All other please feel free to suggest resorts you recommend/anything that comes to mind. We are pretty open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Kate

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
All inclusive - best resort here is Barcelo Capella - that is Juan Dolio. However the apartments Frank mentioned are more beautiful but not all inclusive. They have a kitchen so you can do breakfast and just eat out. There are plenty of restaurants around, and most people who eat out enjoy themselves more than those who stay inthe resort.

Barcelo Capella does have a honeymoon suite which is very nice with your own roof terrace and rooftop jacuzzi, bar and seating area and TV also on the roof!!! So check that out too.

Matilda

kateinottawa

May 5, 2008
Yes, I have been to the Barcello Capella. It was a nice place...not too busy/full of tourists, which we loved. The honeymoon suite is something I will definitely look into...now if only they could do something about their food...

kateinottawa

May 5, 2008
Also, for people who have stayed there...do you know how much it is around per night. I know for a standard room at Barcello Capella was around 60$ a night for standard room. Any help much appreciated.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Sorry can't remember. I know you are supposed to get free champagne and a free t shirt

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, I have been to the Barcello Capella. It was a nice place...not too busy/full of tourists, which we loved. The honeymoon suite is something I will definitely look into...now if only they could do something about their food...

I am confused here, you want an All Inclusive, but you do not like the resort food or the company of tourists?

What exactly are you looking for, the Four Seasons for $50/night?
How often do you get married in life, why not splurge and stay @ Punta Cana Resort & Club or Casa de Campo?

You will probably get a few pesos as gifts to pay for the honey moon.

tamborista

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am confused here, you want an All Inclusive, but you do not like the resort food or the company of tourists?

What exactly are you looking for, the Four Seasons for $50/night?
How often do you get married in life, why not splurge and stay @ Punta Cana Resort & Club or Casa de Campo?

You will probably get a few pesos as gifts to pay for the honey moon.

tamborista

Once again i would have to agree with Tamborista,

Punta Cana is where you want to be instead of Morrisburg...if you know what I mean ! Ottawa is to Morrisburg as Punta Cana is to Juan Dolio etc

Last edited:

hope1

May 5, 2007
I have a question about which resort in Juan Dolio you would pick.
My parents are going on their first trip outside of Canada/US and I was wondering which resort was best. Coral Costa Caribe or Barcelo Talanquera? My other question is if we should go to Punta Cana instead of Juan Dolio? Any ideas?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The hotels in punta Cana are much more beautiful and have many more amenities than Juan Dolio. The two hotels you mention in Juan Dolio are both 2-3 star only. I would say that possibly Costa Caribe has the edge or at least used to, but both are full of dominicans and puerto ricans at the weekends which can make the restaurants a bit of a nightmare.

If your parents just want sun sea and relaxation and do not want to leave the resort then I would suggest Punta Cana. They should fly to the airport there though as it is a long way - like 4 hours from the Santo Domingo airport - Las Americas.

However if they want to go on excursions to the capital, and spend more time outside in local bars and restaurants then they should consider Juan Dolio as the hotels are all within walking distance of the local town.

Matilda

hope1

May 5, 2007
Hi Matilda,
Thanks for your advise.
What is your take on the AI's in La Romana?...are there any you would suggest there?
I think they need a safe, easy, relaxing trip with not to much adventure for their first time out.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
All inclusive - best resort here is Barcelo Capella - that is Juan Dolio. However the apartments Frank mentioned are more beautiful but not all inclusive...Matilda

There is a rumor about Capella Resort is bought by Metro , and the resort still recognizes the reservations made up to date and contracts with Tour Operators , but later on is going through the same process that old Playa Real went through , where Marbella is built today . May be Frank Recktenwald can clarify this one . Matilda did you hear anything as well ?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
There is a rumor about Capella Resort is bought by Metro , and the resort still recognizes the reservations made up to date and contracts with Tour Operators , but later on is going through the same process that old Playa Real went through , where Marbella is built today . May be Frank Recktenwald can clarify this one . Matilda did you hear anything as well ?

I never heard anything about this

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
As far as I know it is true. Metro has bought Capella and it too will be turned into apartments.

Goodbye Juan Dolio. Welcome to Metro city.

Matilda

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Juan Dolio is the best beach area to go to if you want to go to the Capital for the day. Or to go to a top restaurant and enjoy the nightlife of the capital. There are some great restaurants and nightclubs in the Capital. Juan Dolio is 40 minutes from the Capital. Boca Chica is closer but Juan Dolio is more laid back and better for just enjoying the beach. The best thing in Juan Dolio is to rent an apartment near the beach. The hotels are not that interesting.