Berzin, relax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
You have closed 3 threads recently, with a quick judgement of your opinion, that just may have been of interest to a few dr1'ers.

Erlac777's rant about the exit fees has a point and there are others who might have had a comment as well.

In an earlier thread about stolen manhole covers, I believe it was DR related because it ties the world crises on availability of raw materials vs the use of recyclable metals and the way in which those recyclable materials are obtained, often by theft. It shows that the US has some of the same problems the DR has with regard to this. But you "enforced" your opinion without allowing others to comment.

The "general" forum says, "For all those questions without a home.
Not for the faint hearted or easily offended". I think the job of a moderator is to allow the conversations to progress without comment, by you, unless things get out of hand. Certainly the above references meet the criteria of the general forum and should have been allowed to progress a little longer without your personal beliefs interferring. If you need to unload some frustrations, comment in someone elses forums and simply moderate yours.

Relax, enjoy your new job as moderator. Certainly, you have made many comments in the past and not been "closed" due to the opinion of the moderator.

Thanks for taking the job. It is not an easy one, I am sure, and not one I would want or I would have applied! Just try to exercise a bit more control before hitting that "doctor death" button

Reactions: Rocky

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A moderator is like a referee in a sporting event. No opinion, no bias, just out there to enforce the rules.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Being a moderator is a thankless task and one that takes a little while to get a good feel for and a balance, especially in the "Open" forum :)

Taken care of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.