JetBlue loses $7 million, cancels 2008-09 growth

drlady

Jul 1, 2008
JetBlue loses $7 million, cancels 2008-09 growth (ATW News)

JetBlue Airways unveiled plans to cancel growth plans and defer aircraft deliveries as it announced a second-quarter net loss of $7 million, reversed from a $21 million profit in the year-ago period.

"We believe slower growth, combined with our rigorous cost control and aggressive revenue focus, will further strengthen our liquidity position, which is essential in this environment," said Ed Barnes, JetBlue's CFO.

Will this affect Jetblue's growth in the DR?? It seems all carriers have reported net losses..AA posted a whopping $1.45 billion, DL $1 billion and CO only $3 million...

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I care as I'm sure alot of other people on this site do. When airlines decide to cut flights they start with the route that are not making money. One of those routes may be the DR.

May 31, 2005
I don't know... My friend was hired with JetBlue as a flight attendant and she finished training in June. The class was originally going to have about 50 trainees and they ended up only training the 17 bilingual candidates because according to what the HR rep said, those are their most profitable flights. The other english only speaking FAs were left for a training class in the future once one becomes available.

May 31, 2005
I don't know... My friend was hired with JetBlue as a flight attendant and she finished training in June. The class was originally going to have about 50 trainees and they ended up only training the 17 bilingual candidates because according to what the HR rep said, those are their most profitable flights. The other english only speaking FAs were left for a training class in the future once one becomes available.

I forgot to mention that the reason for their cut in trainees was due to the high cost in fuel prices. There was also supposed to be another class in October and they cancelled that class as well.