Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help - More Different Bites

Please - I got multiple bites this time, they are like welts, all swollen, red , itch like crazy (trying not to) raised skin, bite in center.

Tried aloe, tea tree oil - swelling is worse - one on front of my leg is hard.

What do I do?

Thanks
    Ro

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bites

This sounds like the type of reaction I get when bitten by mosquitos. THe surface area of the swelling is sometimes up to 4 inches diameter and is very hot.

I visited a doctor the last time this happened. I was told it was an allergic reaction to the bite and I had to have anti-biotics. It might be worth heading to the doctors to get a professional opinion.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

#1, do NOT scratch them. I'm not sure what there is to make the soreness and itch go away. ominicans I know say there is not much to do.

You most likely got invaded by the infernal mayes ("madges"). Been there.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/765...lted-gang.html

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. The one on my leg between my knee and my ankle is the size of a baseball - feels like it's going to explode.

So with Benadryl - tablets as compared to liquid?

And I am going to get to a doctor - looking for recommendations - asap - I'm in the Sosua area. I know some people to ask - they're just not up this early.

They are so huge, so swollen, so sore that I really got scared. Especially since I've been here two months and been so fine - and now this!

Welcome to the DR I guess. Trying to keep my sense of humor while I'm freaking out at the same time.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: I'm going to the doctor at 9 am today. Fingers crossed I'll be better in no time.

Thanks again for you all being there for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Drro, hope you're doing better!
    I figured I'd post here because it's in the same field.
    I spent this past weekened in Jarabacoa, and I got the wierdest bites. Don't get me wrong - I'm very well aquianted with bites, I got here a little over two weeks ago, and ever since then, my legs are filled with bites and I seem to have an allergic reaction, this happens every time I come and I'm kinda used to it. I also have a tendency to scratch my legs in my sleep, so I sometimes wake up with deep long scraches on top of my ronchas. But that's another story for another time.
    I've never gotten bites like the ones I got while at Jarabacoa. I didn't get to see the insect, but they leave a drop or two of my blood on the bite. And after I clean up, there's a red dot at the center of the bite. Do any of you happen to know what did this, or any other info about it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what your bites are, but appreciate your post. Mine have a bite in the center of a very large round circle, no blood, but a white dot in the center of the bite. One of them is already bruising - from scratching - and the one on my leg is the only one that is the size of a baseball, must have gotten into my blood.

Taking Benadryl and trusting the process. Also massive dosages of vitamin C.

The aloe and the tea tree oil helped me with the itching, even though they're only topicals. I used both to do a comparison - Aloe wins for me hands down.

Hope your heal soon.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drro View Post
    I don't know what your bites are, but appreciate your post. Mine have a bite in the center of a very large round circle, no blood, but a white dot in the center of the bite. One of them is already bruising - from scratching - and the one on my leg is the only one that is the size of a baseball, must have gotten into my blood.

Taking Benadryl and trusting the process. Also massive dosages of vitamin C.

The aloe and the tea tree oil helped me with the itching, even though they're only topicals. I used both to do a comparison - Aloe wins for me hands down.

Hope your heal soon.
    Soooooooooooo.....
    Are you better now?
    The head stone salesman says it's non refundable but we did manage to stop the engraver in time.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the palm trees?

Am I better? Nothing physically has changed yet, but knowing the funeral has been postponed helps a lot. And I'm relieved I don't have numbered days to go.

Haven't been able to get Benadryl in town - 2 of the pharmacies I went to didn't have it. One gave me something similar - the only thing I can read on the back (since they cut two off for me) is a word that ends in "na" DF 10. Now I can imagine what DF stands for but I dont think it's accurate for the medication.

Are you familiar with this round white tablet?

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drro View Post
    Where are the palm trees?

Am I better? Nothing physically has changed yet, but knowing the funeral has been postponed helps a lot. And I'm relieved I don't have numbered days to go.

Haven't been able to get Benadryl in town - 2 of the pharmacies I went to didn't have it. One gave me something similar - the only thing I can read on the back (since they cut two off for me) is a word that ends in "na" DF 10. Now I can imagine what DF stands for but I dont think it's accurate for the medication.

Are you familiar with this round white tablet?
    I don't know what it is and all I can tell you that might be of assistance is that I went to the pharmacy across from PJs a couple of months ago, as I was swelling up severely from a bee sting and I simply showed them and they gave me some anti histamine pills (don't remember the name) and anti inflammatory pills as well.
    Worked for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast