Guest Friendly in Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosua in 08

Jul 31, 2008
I will be heading down to DR for the first time in a few months. Thanks to everyone for posting such great information (that is how I decided on Sosua).

I saw another thread from a guy looking for the ultimate AI experience. I am looking for just the opposite. I like to get out and explore. I'm not picky about where I stay so long as it is safe and near the action.

My big concern is with the smaller hotels, should me and my friends want to bring some new friends back, can we do that in the regular hotels? Which ones are guest friendly? Would we be better off getting condos?

If most all of the hotels are not guest friendly, how/where can you spend some quality time with new friends? I really don't want to do the cheesy touristy AI thing.

Thanks again!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I will be heading down to DR for the first time in a few months. Thanks to everyone for posting such great information (that is how I decided on Sosua).

I saw another thread from a guy looking for the ultimate AI experience. I am looking for just the opposite. I like to get out and explore. I'm not picky about where I stay so long as it is safe and near the action.

My big concern is with the smaller hotels, should me and my friends want to bring some new friends back, can we do that in the regular hotels? Which ones are guest friendly? Would we be better off getting condos?

If most all of the hotels are not guest friendly, how/where can you spend some quality time with new friends? I really don't want to do the cheesy touristy AI thing.

Thanks again!

Stay at Rocky's it's guest friendly and has great ribs.

And it's only $25 per night with cable TV and Internet.

http://www.rockysbar.com/

Sosua in 08

Jul 31, 2008
Ricky,

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at Valeria and I will check out the others you mentioned. I read all the other forums and just never saw whether these hotels were guest friendly. It's not the first thing I will be looking to do but I also don't want to worry about having to find another place or be taken to some place I am not familiar with if I meet a few nice chicas.

Are you the Rocky of Rocky's fame? If so, I think I will just stay at your place. Anybody that would be so helpful and not even mention his place first is the kind of guy I would rather give business to while visiting.

I'm looking forward to a great trip!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The question (or answer) would make more sense rephrased as "which hotels in Sosua are *not* guest friendly"!! Almost all non-AI hotels in Sosua are fine with guests....That being said Rocky's place, and especially his condos, are a great choice.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ricky,

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at Valeria and I will check out the others you mentioned. I read all the other forums and just never saw whether these hotels were guest friendly. It's not the first thing I will be looking to do but I also don't want to worry about having to find another place or be taken to some place I am not familiar with if I meet a few nice chicas.

Are you the Rocky of Rocky's fame? If so, I think I will just stay at your place. Anybody that would be so helpful and not even mention his place first is the kind of guy I would rather give business to while visiting.

I'm looking forward to a great trip!
May I suggest that you post your hotel requirements, so that we can suggest the ideal one for you. (ie: Pool, AC, Wifi, Safe, 24 hour power, TV w/cable, etc)
Yes, I'm that Rocky, but no fame.

Sosua in 08

Jul 31, 2008
Sure Rocky, here's more info. Myself (40) and a few other buddies (35-40) and all single are planning a trip down. I picked Sosua because it seemed to have the perfect mix of everything. I don't plan to drive or visit other areas, other than maybe short trips in the immediate area.

I'd like a decent place to stay but don't intend to spend much time there. So long as it is comfortable at night for sleeping and safe that is all we need. Location is more important (restaurants/taverns/nightlife etc) as well as walking acces at least to the beach.

So I would rate my most important requirements as follow:

1) Location - to beach, restaurants/bars and nightclubs
2) Safety - I plan to walk everywhere and will also have a laptop to stay in touch with the office (as little as possible)
3) Guest Friendly - I dont want to follow the chicas to some place I'm not familiar with
4) Non-family - We will be very respectful of others and fairly quiet but I dont really want to hang around a bunch of kids and upset mothers.
5) Pool or Outdoor bar nearby - other than day activities, we will most likely spend most of our time locally, relaxing and taking it easy and hopefully meeting lots of great people.

Hope this helps and I plan on stopping by your place as soon as possible when we arrive.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sure Rocky, here's more info. Myself (40) and a few other buddies (35-40) and all single are planning a trip down. I picked Sosua because it seemed to have the perfect mix of everything. I don't plan to drive or visit other areas, other than maybe short trips in the immediate area.

I'd like a decent place to stay but don't intend to spend much time there. So long as it is comfortable at night for sleeping and safe that is all we need. Location is more important (restaurants/taverns/nightlife etc) as well as walking acces at least to the beach.

So I would rate my most important requirements as follow:

1) Location - to beach, restaurants/bars and nightclubs
2) Safety - I plan to walk everywhere and will also have a laptop to stay in touch with the office (as little as possible)
3) Guest Friendly - I dont want to follow the chicas to some place I'm not familiar with
4) Non-family - We will be very respectful of others and fairly quiet but I dont really want to hang around a bunch of kids and upset mothers.
5) Pool or Outdoor bar nearby - other than day activities, we will most likely spend most of our time locally, relaxing and taking it easy and hopefully meeting lots of great people.

Hope this helps and I plan on stopping by your place as soon as possible when we arrive.
All of the places mentioned above would meet your requirements and more.
I'm sure you'll love Sosua.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sosua is small enough that most places you can walk to (we're talking the tourist side of town). the area in and around Rocky's presents you with all the requirements you need. there are many choices to choose from. there are tour places that can set you up with all kinds of day tours if you like or just hang out on the beach all day.
my favorite hotel is Del Delfin 809-571-2124 ask for Harold. if you can speak spanish Juan sometimes answers the phone and can take your reservation as well.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006

Thanks again!

I suggest getting a room at the New Garden Hotel. I highly advise this for your first trip. You'll need to learn the ropes on trip #1 and this is a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.