La Romana, marina casa de campo !help !

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
Hey guys, I have a question.
Can someone go and visit the marina casa the campo just as a guest ? (meaning, u dont have to spend the night ?)
and another question, Does Caribe Tours or Metro travel to La Romana ?
Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
To question one. I often go there when I have guests. I usually have to leave my cedula at the gate. I just say I am going to the restaurant to eat, leave my cedula and pick it up on the way out. No problem.

Matilda

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
does it have to be a dominican cedula ? can I bring my passport ? I'm not dominican, and I will be going with american tourists /

chibani

Oct 29, 2007
Americans: of course, welcome.
The only restriction is that gua gua cannot pass the gate; taxis (in reasonable state) are allowed.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Regarding question #2: NO, they don't... the infamous 'syndicates' that work "to protect the poor working class" won't let them. So you have to go to Enriquillo Park and take one of their buses (Which are owned by just a few mega-rich folks...or so I am told..

Freedom of commerce is a joke here, but it might be gaining. See Chevron-Texaco vs Truckers and Caribe Tours vs "syndicates"

HB

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
does it have to be a dominican cedula ? can I bring my passport ? I'm not dominican, and I will be going with american tourists /

Doesn't have to be dominican cedula. If you have to leave something, leave your drivers license not your passport. I always have an expired driver license that I leave if necessary.