need some info!!!!!!!!

L

Lisa

I want to help my friend get his passport and want to know how much it would cost round trip from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo and aslo how much it is for the passport? could this be done in one day? do they have any offices in Puerto Plata? I need to know this ASAP could someone please help me thanks. I know what I am doing so please no negativity just any answers, DR1 could you help me

W

Wim Van Roey

I know when you go to the bus from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo cost you 95 peso per person per traject with Caribe Tours .

L

Lynne

Theres a passport office in Puerto Plata now. Its in the Rentas Internas building downtown next to Casa Nelson...second floor.

K

Katia

Lisa:

If you are not Dominican, I suggest you don't go with him. When we had to get my husband's (my husband is Dominican I'm Canadian) passport renewed at the beginning of the month in La Vega, I went with him. What a mistake! They saw me and wanted to charge us 3,500 pesos! We tried reasoning with the agent and finally had to dish out 1,700 pesos. Also, have your friend insist on having it the same day. He may have to pay more because of this. That's what happened to us.

Good luck.

Katia

L

Lisa

Re: need some info!!!!!!!! Katia and Lynne

thanks, I don't plan on going with him, since I am not there and I know what you mean by paying more they see us as being "gringas con dinero" and want more. Will he have any problems in Puerto Plata getting his passport and is there a number for the office in Puerto Plata?

K

Katia

Re: need some info!!!!!!!! Katia and Lynne

There shouldn't be a problem for him getting his passport. As for the number in POP, I don't have it. I'm familiar with anything in the POP area. My husband lives in the Santo Domingo area. We went to the passport office in La Vega which is about 1h30 minutes from POP.

Good luck.

Katia