Dominican Recipes ????

PersianPrincess1

Aug 20, 2008
Okay so I wasn't sure where to post this because I'm new to using this =P, but I was wondering if anyone knew any good Recipes. My fiance is getting a little frustrated that I don't cook anything "Dominican"..Go figure I'm Persian LoL. I definitely need some help though, because I want to surprise him with some yummy recipes that hes actually used to eating. I'm sure it wont compare to his moms haha...but I at least want to try! :glasses: Include pics if you can :cheeky:

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
When cooking chivo(goat) recipes , be sure to add extra bones to give it that authentic Dominican flavor!!

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Yes indeed! And folks back in the sates won't feed their dogs chicken bones!! The DR chivo for human consumption is ten times more perilous!!!

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Yes indeed! And folks back in the sates won't feed their dogs chicken bones!! The DR chivo for human consumption is ten times more perilous!!!

Sounds gross! I've never had Chivo and I think I'll stay away from it.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I'm not a fan of Lamb. Based on the previous post I'm missing possibly choking on bones :paranoid:

RVGgal, it is very similar to lamb, so if you dont like lamb...chances are.....
Although, I meet so many people who claim not to like lamb or chivo beacuse they have not had it prepared well. Then, they eat it at my house and are somehow converted ;);)

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I'm not a fan of Lamb. Based on the previous post I'm missing possibly choking on bones :paranoid:

LOL, you have to chew the bones not bite them or swallow them, i personally like the meat.

Keep in mind not everybody knows how to cook goat, if it not well cook, it will taste bad :ninja:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
RVGgal, it is very similar to lamb, so if you dont like lamb...chances are.....
Although, I meet so many people who claim not to like lamb or chivo beacuse they have not had it prepared well. Then, they eat it at my house and are somehow converted ;);)

They have different taste, i like goat (Chivo) but not lamb (Oveja).

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
oveja is sheep, lamb is cordero. These two do not taste the same. Lamb is more similar to goat than oveja

Oops! LOL you are right, still don't like Lamb.

I will go to a Greek restaurant just around the corner from where i live to taste it again, but the last time i tasted Lamb in a Greek restaurant in London, i didn't like it at all.

S

sokitoumi

nice taste but not a lot of meat when I sampled it- I may have had a not so good one