Visting Sosua soon, October 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Hi my fellow DR1 member, been reading the forum for a while now. I will soon be in Sosua (casa marina) on October 11th for 1 week (yes I know it?s not a lot) with one of my friend, we are 31 and we want to k now something, I?ve been reading that there?s a lot of working girl there, fine with me, but is there a club where we can meet woman without being working girl?

Also, I would like to know is it dangerous to walk around any neighbourhood? We want to see how Dominican live. I lived in Haiti for 2 years in 2003-2004 and want to see how it is in DR. Would it be safe to pay a local to make us visit the non tourist area? Also is there a lot Haitian around there? (Since I speak Creole and not Spanish it would be easier for me to communicate with some people).

I will have more question soon, but I'm at work now.

Thx in advance.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Also, I was in Sosua when I was 16 with my parents, 15 years ago, we stayed in a hotel AI about 15 minutes walk to the beach, I forgot the name of the hotel, can someone tell me the name and if it's still there? They had 2 hotel in the same place, same owner, it was not really in the city.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The person who could best answer your question about Sosua 15 years ago is a poster called Rocky who has unfortunately retired from DR1. There have been a lot of changes in 15 years & although I too have been here that long I am in Puerto Plata, not Sosua, so I won't hazard a guess at the hotel about which you are speaking. I expect someone else will know, most likely one of the two posters who moderate this forum.

Since you speak Creole and want to get to see how folks live here, might I make a suggestion? Contact Dr. Bob Amelingmeier, the local vet. who runs Crossroads outreach which works with many Haitian families in their bateys. See if you can get yourself on to one of their medical visits, or to the garbage dump or anything else they might be doing. Volunteer some of your time & language skill in exchange for a day out seeing what you want to see.
Services

Contact details are on the website.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
The person who could best answer your question about Sosua 15 years ago is a poster called Rocky who has unfortunately retired from DR1. There have been a lot of changes in 15 years & although I too have been here that long I am in Puerto Plata, not Sosua, so I won't hazard a guess at the hotel about which you are speaking. I expect someone else will know, most likely one of the two posters who moderate this forum.

Since you speak Creole and want to get to see how folks live here, might I make a suggestion? Contact Dr. Bob Amelingmeier, the local vet. who runs Crossroads outreach which works with many Haitian families in their bateys. See if you can get yourself on to one of their medical visits, or to the garbage dump or anything else they might be doing. Volunteer some of your time & language skill in exchange for a day out seeing what you want to see.
Services

Contact details are on the website.

Thx Lambada I will make sure to contact the Vet. If I can give one day of my vacation to help some children I will sure do.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thx Lambada I will make sure to contact the Vet. If I can give one day of my vacation to help some children I will sure do.

It actually might lead to other things - Dr. Bob has Dominican staff working at the vet. clinic who might invite you to their barrio if you expressed an interest or introduce you to 'non-working' Dominican women. Volunteers & involved participants are not hit on the way tourists can be. Just make sure you hide the plastic ID tourist wristband from Casa Marina ;).

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hey there theman,

Lambada is correct....in regard dr.Bob, also there is a lady named Karen who goes up to the mountains /villages to check the eyes and provide medication every Sunday...
And indeed, just make sure You hide Your plastic band of the resort...wink...may i wish You a very nice stay in Sosua and enjoy Your vacation....
Coralia

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Thx alot guy's.

As far as for nightclub, is there any with regular woman? I mean non-working? Oh and if ever I pick up a working girl, can I bring her back to that hotel or if I will have to pay for a cheap hotel for that night?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Thx alot guy's.

As far as for nightclub, is there any with regular woman? I mean non-working? Oh and if ever I pick up a working girl, can I bring her back to that hotel or if I will have to pay for a cheap hotel for that night?

Casa Marina is not guest friendly - you will need to get a room elsewhere.

Gregg

theman

Aug 25, 2008
another question.

If we want to make excursion, what can we do down there? Can we rent Sea-Doo there on the beach?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Wow, it's that bad! All the woman there are working girl!

No they're not. The question is whether you are going to meet the other sort in the space of a week. Unlikely by chance encounter, that's why I suggested the vouluntary work & the contacts it might lead to. Male tourists are a magnet for working girls & if the working girls are gracing you with their presence the other sort of women will stay away.

On excursions see Gri-gri Laguna
http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66534-so-youre-bored-sosua.html

and look up Damajagua Falls, Catamaran, Outback Safari using search function at top of page.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Also, carry only the money that you plan to spend that night with you when you go out.

Well, how much can I bring with me for a night at a bar? How expensive are the drink ? If ever I decide to leave with a working girl, how much does it cost?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Well, how much can I bring with me for a night at a bar? How expensive are the drink ? If ever I decide to leave with a working girl, how much does it cost?

hmmmmmmm..........................

Not sure if this question is TABOO here!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.