***Things you never knew about the Dominican Republic***

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Did you know that the DR is the only country in the world to have a Bible represented in the National flag?

That the DR was the only country that offered to take in Jews from Nazi Germany during the Evian Conference of July 1938?

That the DR is the only country where the volcanic blue pectolite Larimar is found?

That Porfirio Rubirosa Ariza was the first Dominican Formula One driver and that he made his debut in the 1950's 24 hours of Le Mans in position 49 for Ferrari?

That the DR is home to the Blue Amber???

That the DR is the place to go whale, bird and butterfly watching in the most geographically diverse ecosystem of all the Caribbean islands and region?

That you can fish gold from Dominican rivers using the traditional gold panning
method and still find it by the ounce?

More to come... :classic:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Did you know that the DR is the only country in the world to have a Bible represented in the National flag?

That the DR was the only country that offered to take in Jews from Nazi Germany during the Evian Conference of July 1938?

That the DR is the only country where the volcanic blue pectolite Larimar is found?

That Porfirio Rubirosa Ariza was the first Dominican Formula One driver and that he made his debut in the 1950's 24 hours of Le Mans in position 49 for Ferrari?

That the DR is home to the Blue Amber???

That the DR is the place to go whale, bird and butterfly watching in the most geographically diverse ecosystem of all the Caribbean islands and region?

That you can fish gold from Dominican rivers using the traditional gold panning
method and still find it by the ounce?

More to come... :classic:
this is fun i did this as a child and i hear people still do it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Can you suggest a location / river where I might try this?
I have done this in Wales (UK) and would like to try it in D.R.
Hurts the lower back, but is fun.....

probably the creeks are best? because you get allthe soil from the mountains coming into them...but my guess is any area would be good where there is running water.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I know its not DR related but could not help myself.....the national flag of Nepal is the only national flag in the world that is not a quadrilateral.

vimcgk.png