Please help me find this place...

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
There's water hole, in the North. I think is near Cabrera, not sure. Locals call it 'Blue Lake', but it's really an underground river. I was there some years ago and would like to come back. I'll be in Samtiago in the middle of September.

Gracias,

Zeus (lost in his own Universe..;) )

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
The second place is a lot more docile. It is a short distance past the first. The sign reads BLU LAK, not sure of the spelling, but you will see it on your right. You drive in a bit and park. There is a bridge to a Cave where you can swim in the clearest, and possibly the coldest water in a rock cave that you will ever see. Again, you need to be a swimmer, as if you touch the bottom there are tons of rocks that will cut you. This place is simply a beautiful freak of nature. quoted by member sky(not sure how to link it sorry)i used the search for sosua samana drive because i remembered someone mentioning it in this post and hope to visit myself in november if not too far from LT

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
There are two places you might consider. Blue Lake (BLU LAKE) which is a very nice lake, smallish, cold water but not all that large or deep. The other place is DuDu Lake which is almost round, very deep and has super cold water and excellent high cliffs to dive from.

If you want to see what DuDu Lake really is, check out this link for the best diving map I have ever seen on the place. http://palmbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/Dudu Lake.jpg

The location of the two lakes is actually past Playa Diamonte, just before the turn off to Playa La Entrada. Lake Dudu is first and then BLU LAKE.

Google Earth can show you real easily how to get to it.