Continental

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Has anyone heard about Continental cancelling their flights from Puerto Plata to Newark as of 4th September? I spoke to an employee yesterday and he said that they were stopping all flights and would only be flying out of Santo Domingo.

I couldn't find anything about it on their website and you can still book on-line so it doesn't make sense.

Any info would be appreciated.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I know Santiago for a fact. Not sure about POP but it seems likely.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
CO POP Flts

CO's new schedule from Sept. 3 through 29 October will be 2 weekly flights,
Wednesdays and Saturdays. Then it goes to 3 until mid-December then back to daily for high season. Schedules are always subject to change according to demand but so far that is it.

Reactions: bigbird

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
We have reservations for 24 september and have not heard anything from continental regarding a cancellation. Typically, they do cut back seasonally, but the twice weekly flight seems to be well filled. Let's hope this doesn't come to pass!

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Continental and Delta made a reduced schedules cause of low demands but after december both of these airlines will return daily to Puerto Plata. Continental will not cancelled their Puerto Plata Flight.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
CO's new schedule from Sept. 3 through 29 October will be 2 weekly flights,
Wednesdays and Saturdays. Then it goes to 3 until mid-December then back to daily for high season. Schedules are always subject to change according to demand but so far that is it.

This is 100% accurate. Go to Continental.com and do a +/- 3 day search for this time frame and only Wednesdays and Saturdays are available.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
They are still committed to a nonstop Newark to Puerta Plata flight but they go to an abbreviated schedule during the slow season and then go 7 days a week during the busy season. They've been doing this for years but seem to have changed the days of the week during the slow season. Unfortunately, Continental Newark to Santiago is no longer an option.