in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi ,I was looking for a bit of specific information (and yes i have read and reviewed old posts) ...In Cabarete ,where would I purchase grocerys? Fresh produce? Are there smaller stores for pop ,water , beer etc? Is there a coffee shoppe? Please let me know if you have found local cabarete restraunts /stores that you liked. I will be staying for 2 weeks NOT all inclusive ,i am trying to get oriented before arriving so i do not LOOK so touristy, ha ha .

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
mamielizabeth...with all due respect, all of your questions have been answered many times in many threads, but here's a few personal favorites:

Groceries/household goods: Janet's Supermercado - east end of town.
Smaller supermarkets: Productos Sosua (Supermaercado Cabarete) - between Ocean One and Royal Residence; Rosa's - next to Esso Gas Station (open late); Albertico's - centter of town, next to ScotiaBank

Fresh Produce: Farmstands across from Kite beach and German market next to Janet's

Coffee Shop: Panaderia Dick's and Friends - next to each other in center of town. La Camapgna (was like a Dominican Starbuck's) has reopend as an English pub and supposed to have breakfast/coffee...haven't tried it yet - Ocean Dream Plaza

Restaurants: too many to list and can definitely be found by searching DR1...most are located right on the beach, there are a dozen or so others spread in and around town.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
thanks David, all info is great ,,i did say i know it was prob all written before , so i really do appreciate the info once again,i also found a web site that i had not seen before with alot of info on it, i am just trying to be prepared.sorry for being repetitive,

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
I already knew about the active cabarete sight ,it is good ,i stumbled upon another ,when googling ,i did not save it ,but maybe will try and backtrack to find it ,,then can provide link ,it may be of intrest

Status
Not open for further replies.