travel timing SD-LG

nyguy12

Sep 17, 2008
ok so i am planning out my trip to las galeras for a week. we are flying into SDQ at 10:30. i was wondering if it is feasable to get to las galeras that day. the next caribe tours bus leaves at 1:30 and dont know how long that takes to Samana. then if it is too dark i have heard it is hard to travel from Samana to Las Galeras. Please help? comments?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
if you travel by bus, (I think caribe tours is still using the old road to samana) it will be around 4 hours. plus, you have to take another bus to Las Galeras. 1 hour. there are some small hotels in samana where you can stay overnight just in case it gets dark, and you dont want to travel to las galeras the same day.
if you rent a car, you can get to samana thru the new high way in about 2 hours. from the airport. you dont have to go to sando domingo.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Definitely rent a car...if you rent from one of the bigger agencies, you can probably drop it off in Samana or Las Galeras. I would normally not recommend someone driving here unless theyve been here for quite awhile, but to leave the airport, take the new highway, get to Samana, and end in Las Galeras is actually not bad at all....except for the last 10 or so miles from Samana to LG...if you keep the car, you can do day trips o Playa Rincon, El Limon, Las Terenas, Playa Coson, etc...granted, you can do those by taxis as well....