I need help!What R the current issues affecting DR

A

angie

I'm doing a paper on the Current issues or a current problem that is affecting the Dominican Republic.(for ex.- education, justice, etc.) PLease e-mail me with info or website links that can help me out THanks!!!

E

El Gordo

Re: I need help!What R the current issues affectin

You need to learn how this board works a little better you never left us an e-mail addy.
anyway click on this link for all kinds of unpalatable info.

D

DR1

For current news issues, visit the daily news section at <A HREF="http://www.dr1.com/daily/news.shtml">www.dr1.com/daily/news.shtml</A>

D

Dee DeMusis

Angie--True: it would have been nice to have an e-mail [please send it to the board]so we could get you some info. However, two things: first, a great web site that has all kinds of DR info is the University of Texas' LANIC project. You can search not only by country but area of interest. Log onto "www.lanic.utexas.edu" then go to "countries", click on the DR and you can get the State Department's country profile, the DR constitution, links to DR newspapers, tourist sites and more. If you speak/read Spanish, one of my favorites is "www.aguaita.com". Of course, DR1 is tops with me too.
If you want a good focus issue, however, one of the most controversial is the constant struggle between the DR and Haitians. There is A LOT of material out there on this. This issue touches EVERY aspect -- without exception or exaggeration [politics, history, sociology, economics,health, legal, spiritual...]. I have seen it personally while working on the sugar plantations. In order not to open Pandora's Box again, just let me suggest that subject. If you want to talk to me about this some more, my e-mail address is "cuervo3373@hotmail.com"...