SDQ to other Caribbean locations

Scoutman

Sep 18, 2008
Hi All,

I'm moving out to Santo Domingo next week fro the UK and will be staying about a year (longer if possible). I thought it would be great to explore a bit more of the Caribbean while I'm there so I was wondering whether any of you could give me some pointers i.e. airlines, booking websites and just general destination advice?

Many Thanks to you all in advance

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Unfortunately, flying within the Caribbean is relatively expensive. The DR does not have many direct flights to the smaller islands, these are usually reached via Miami or San Juan (Puerto Rico).

I've flown to Cuba, Puerto Rico and Haiti direct, and to Jamaica, Barbados, St Vincent and St Lucia via San Juan. Last year I also took the much less expensive option of a ferry to Puerto Rico - highly recommended.

Scoutman

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks, are there any specific carriers for flight within the caribbean or better still a web address to book ?

Also do you have any details on the ferry that you mention?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cuba - Cubana de Aviac?on Untitled Document or Copa Copa Airlines, Airline Tickets, Last minute airfare to Latin America, travel to Central America. via Panama
Haiti - Caribair CARIBAIR :: Una diferencia del cielo a la tierra
Puerto Rico and Jamaica - American Airlines Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA.com

Ferries del Caribe website:
Ferries del Caribe Inc. D/B/A Cruceros del Caribe

Here is a thread about my trip: http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/70449-ferry-puerto-rico.html

For the smaller islands: Liat The Official Web site of Liat The Caribbean Airline

Emely Tours (Tiradentes esq. 27 de Febrero, Naco) is a good travel agency in the capital. EMELY TOURS, Bienvenidos

Do a search here on DR1 for more information.