Identifying Bachata tracks

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I'm stuck in England trying to sell my house in an almost impossible market. Once it's sold I will emigrate to the DR. In the meanwhile I am cheering myself up by playing Dominican music, mostly bachata, acquired during my six visits over the past three years. I now have over 1000 songs.

I try to buy music from reputable sources, but even so I find that on many of the CDs sold the contents do not match the label inserts. I have managed to sort out most of my "jumbled" tracks but I still have 10 left to identify.

I wonder if any bachata expert will be kind enough to identify the track titles (and in three cases also the artists) for me if I email them to him/her?

They include both mp.3 and mp.4 formats. All play OK on iTunes. Whether they are all playable on other software I don't know.

If you are kind enough to volunteer, be aware that they are anything from 3Mb to 6Mb each, so you would need a co-operative email system.

Four tracks are by Antony Santos, probably from the same album, two are by Frank Reyes, another also sounds like Frank Reyes although it is merengue. One is an older style bachata (perhaps Luis Vargas?), one a "pop" merengue (possibly not Dominican?), and the last is a very popular bachata I hear everywhere so it bugs me I cannot identify it.

Any takers? In the unlikely event you live in the UK I could post you a CD if preferred.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
London

In the UK you can play the track and hold your phone to the speaker.
If you dial 2580 from your phone, hold it to the speaker for 30 seconds you will get a text telling you the name of the artist and the track.
Im guessing you are of more mature years, so to clarify, it needs to be a mobile phone to get the text!
It works on Dominican artists as well – sadly, the wife and I have tested it!