Cedula Renewal - Puerto Plata

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
My husband went in to renew his cedula in April (Puerto Plata).

At the time they weren't issuing any new cards due to the election.

He has gone in a few times & told they are still working on them...

Does anyone know when these will be ready & what the hold up is?

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
After waiting for almost a year for my in Puerto Plata, I went to Santiago and got it the same day. Puerto Plata office is very slow.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
thanks!

2 questions:

does it matter which office you go to?

does it matter that he has already renewed it & is waiting or can he just go again to santiago or santo domingo?

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
thanks!

2 questions:

does it matter which office you go to?

does it matter that he has already renewed it & is waiting or can he just go again to santiago or santo domingo?

I don't think it matter which office you go to. I file in Puerto Plata and pick up in Santiago becuase they were taking too long. Then I wanted to change my mailing information and went to Santiago and it was done the same day.

If you already file in Puerto Plata you should bring your receipt or the copy of the cedula if they gave you one.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Where do you go in Santiago? I have to be there next week and that would be a good option for my renewal.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Excellent, I know exactly which one that is then! Right after - mcdonalds mcflurry.......... woooo hooooo.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You might find sangria's husband & Bayx-** are both Dominican & as such can renew almost anywhere. Last time I enquired foreigners with a cedula needing renewal still have to go to SD. Unless of course it's changed since then...........? :cheeky:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Darn, just when I thought maybe the system had progressed. Didn't know Sangria was Dominican............ Darn darn darn.:cheeky:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Planner I am Canadian....my husband is Dominican.

We will need the new cedula for immigration at some point in the near future & thought we were ahead of the game by renewing in April....apparently not :(

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
you are close ;)

...he renewed it in April but they have not issued the new cards due to a delay from the election.

he's been in about 2-3 times to get an update & they say keep waiting.

just looking for some other alternatives or if anyone knew when the new cards would be ready.

i know someone who went to santo domingo last week & renewed right away & I can't understand how my husband has to wait so long...something doesn't make sense.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We went to the office in Sosua today only to find it had been moved to the Clinica Gil building which can be found by proceeding past the old office, going to the end of Calle Ayuntamiento, taking a left turn at the corner and the new JCE and Ayuntamiento offices will be about 1/2 block down on the left.

Do you happen to know if the office where you go to arrange weddings, which I have now called into a number of times and found it closed, has also moved?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
They still did not have my or my wife's updated cedulas. What a joke. Maybe in a few more months. I asked if it might take until next year (or the next century) and they just laughed. The way it looks I might not have an updated cedula until the next time I actually need to renew in 2011. My wife can get a new cedula at any office according to what they told us today.

There was a JCE announcement a while back that owing to budget restrictions the biometric stuff had 'slowed' somewhat. I told them in SD when I renewed my cedula last December, that I'd be back in 2014 when I needed to renew again. If they wanted me to have the biometric one before that, they could contact me :cheeky:. She looked askance, of course :) .

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If you're a foreigner, yes, c?dula renewal is in SD, ...............

Looking into my Crystal Ball!
2vj2wsn.gif

Perhaps this is because they don't want to stock the different color cedula cards for foreigners in offices around the country.

Heck, They have trouble keeping the normal color cedula stock in offices around the country.​

Don - SantiagoDR

james

Jan 14, 2002
Regards to the Clinica Gil Garcia building in Sosua where the JCE has just relocated. Does anyone know if Dr. Nelson Gil is still practicing in Sosua or did he relocate to the USA?