Experience with one-day Dominican divorce?

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I am looking into the option of a one-day Dominican divorce. I believe I have all the info I need on the process to make my decision. However, I am a little concerned about the validity of it and the steps that need to be taken once I am back in Canada.

So, if anyone has any experiences (good or bad) that they are willing to share, I am open ears. Since Canadian marriages are the province's responsibility, I would love to hear if anyone from Qu?bec has gone this route. ;)

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Thank you Robert. I will contact Guzman for sure.

If anyone has a personal experience to share you can also PM me ;)

Angel Blue

Oct 9, 2008
I lived in Canada (Alberta). Got divorced in DR, through Aaron Suero & Pedersini (dlawyers.com). It's was great. They did a great job for us. It was fast, easy and pretty affordable. Definitively, will recommend them.

Angel Blue

Last edited:

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I lived in Canada (Alberta). Got divorced in DR, through Aaron Suero & Pedersini (dlawyers.com). It's was great. They did a great job for us. It was fast, easy and pretty affordable. Definitively, will recommend them.

Angel Blue

Thanks, I was starting to think I was the only Canadian crazy enough to do this ;)

Once you got the translated DR documents back, what exactly did you need to do with them in Canada? Just file them with your local civil status registrar? All in all, how much time did it take A-Z? This is the only reason I am considering this option. Otherwise, a divorce in Quebec takes a total of about 21 months!!!!!! :confused:

Do you mind if I ask the price for the services rendered by the DR lawyers? You can PM me if you want.

Have a great day,
Montreal