dominican republic voodoo

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
Hi

I found what very much appears to be a voodoo poppet in my husbands wallet, I have had it translated into english but do not understand it that well, that is the interprutation of the meaning, I am afraid that it may be harmful towards me!

Is anyone anyone able to help me with this please?

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Hi

I found what very much appears to be a voodoo poppet in my husbands wallet, I have had it translated into english but do not understand it that well, that is the interprutation of the meaning, I am afraid that it may be harmful towards me!

Is anyone anyone able to help me with this please?

LOL, this is going to be a funny thread.

Don't be suspertious, throw the VooDoo doll away.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
..... and what were you doing in your husbands wallet ? you could try making your own to counter-act the curse of satan
Poppet Pattern

i have one in pink gingham called poppet-in-pete

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
I presume you are all ignorant re. the voodoo practised on the island that you live on, did think someone might help! Thanks for all your ingeneous comments!!!!!!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I presume you are all ignorant re. the voodoo practised on the island that you live on, did think someone might help! Thanks for all your ingeneous comments!!!!!!

If i was you i would go directly to a voodoo priest and ask him that question.

Believe it or not voodoo is not very popular among true dominicans.
You would have better luck by going to areas that are over populated by haitians.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you never told us what it said - so it would be difficult for us to interpret it. Isnt voodoo only practised in Haiti for tourist tours- give it time someone will come up with a sensible answer

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Voodoo is actively practised here by both Dominicans and Haitians. Tell us what it said and I will translate it for you

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Voodoo is actively practised here by both Dominicans and Haitians. Tell us what it said and I will translate it for you
Voodoo is not practiced by most Dominicans, but rather by most Haitians. What most Dominicans do practice or believe in is brujeria, and no, brujeria and voodoo are not the same thing.

-NALs

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
lord i am a bad person from....?
to the mountain you went and you encountered the fierce wild female animal
with a sprinkler of holy water you overcame it here
i want you to overcome all my enamies
lord i am a wild creature from the mountain
protect my house and all those around me
protect me, the person who is making this prayer, from witches and magic and wicked men
and i pray that my wife will not die horribly of fright from .......
her/my ? conviction is neither female or male
jesus with your.......
lord i am a speck? of the sun and
you have seen the value of lifting up your..... here
i want you to take each of my enamies away from me and give him a beating and that you curse his tongue and bring him defeated to my place
as you are my lord jesus christ at the foot of the holy cross

in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit amen

where the dots are and ? indicates where traslator could not decifer the hand writing. There are a lot of DR people that really beleive in voodoo

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
if you research into voodoo on the internet etc. you will find that it is supposed to be about good, and contains prayers and psalms. However bad people use it and that is what it is known for. I am confused as to whether this is good and asking for protection or if there is a twist in it really making it a bad spell!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Nothing can happen unless you believe and allow things to happen.

If evil exists then so does good. Firmly believe in that and take your mind off the idea that something was meant for you. Don't invite it.

if you research into voodoo on the internet etc. you will find that it is supposed to be about good, and contains prayers and psalms. However bad people use it and that is what it is known for. I am confused as to whether this is good and asking for protection or if there is a twist in it really making it a bad spell!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Voodoo is not practiced by most Dominicans, but rather by most Haitians. What most Dominicans do practice or believe in is brujeria, and no, brujeria and voodoo are not the same thing.

-NALs

Please explain the difference for my continued education Nals. I know lots of brujo and bruja and know people whose lives have been influenced by brujeria and voodoo.

matilda

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

-NALs

Oh that's right, one is white magic the other black....:laugh:;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I am afraid that it may be harmful towards me!

Definitely not. Quite the opposite actually, it is a prayer for protection. Sounds like a ritual to Chango or Ogun (Chango is the Voodoo deity of fire, thunder, power, wars, and lightning whom it is alleged can help you defeat your enemies, protect your loved ones & overcome all difficulties). Was the doll red & white by any chance? If green and black - Ogun.

The prayer sounds like a prayer for protection against evil rituals which the supplicant feels might already be in place (i.e. 'bad' prayers which someone else already made).

You can usually translate these to the equivalent in a religion you might be more familliar with, for example 'I am a bad person from' is similar to 'Bless me Father for I have sinned' which Catholics say when going to confession.

I would think your husband is trying to protect himself and you. This seems to me a positive thing to do for someone who has his beliefs. Why did you think he might want to harm you?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I think what you found was a worry doll, this doll takes away your worries.
Did it look like this?

8px2.gif

i4o4ll.jpg

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
That is not voodoo. that is a sick demented Jesus freak.

Dear AL AL,

You obviously have zero knowledge of syncretic religions in the Caribbean. In these religions, such as Voodoo and Santeria, Jesus and other Christian saints are worshiped. Each one of these Christian effigies represents a specific idol in the syncretic religion. Slaves could not openly practice their beliefs, so to hide their worshiping, they feigned prayer to a Christian symbol.

Montreal

Ase

Dec 5, 2008
USA
Different Religions

Sweetheart, Dominicans do Practice "Dominican Voodoo" Dominicans are black people they just speak Spanish.... that guy that said it's only Haitians is in denial.... I am Dominican for the Record.
Dominican Voodoo is a fusion of different religious practice; Slave used this to mask their own religious practice because at the time African religions were not allowed. For example, they replaced their "saints" per say... I don?t know what they call it and gave them a name of a Christian saint for example San Miguel, Santa Anna, etc...

Now Regarding the voodoo puppet, I am not an expert but it does not sound like he means harm to you or that he made this puppet so that you will stay with him but more rather as a good luck charm. Well at least that's what I understand from the reading.

Also, lets say you would like to ask him about it....how can you? does he not mind you looking through his stuff? Well... we are female and curious....loll? just try speaking to him somehow communication is the key.
Best Wishes, have a blessed one.

yess

Jun 1, 2008
"Dominicans are black people they just speak Spanish...."

? ? ?
is this how Dominicans view themselves?

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
" Dominicans are black people they just speak Spanish....

my wife is dominican, she does not class herself as a black person