Civil/Criminal Case

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Where do you go in Santiago to file a civil/criminal case against someone? And approximately how much does it cost?
Thanks,
SHALENA

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
Thank You, I will do that.
SHALENA

Remember if you file a criminal complaint in this country and the individual is adjudged innocent you are liable to be sued for defamation or some other nonsense. Apparently the government does this to prevent ridiculous lawsuits but, unfortunately, it really pushes the burden of proof very high.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Remember if you file a criminal complaint in this country and the individual is adjudged innocent you are liable to be sued for defamation or some other nonsense. Apparently the government does this to prevent ridiculous lawsuits but, unfortunately, it really pushes the burden of proof very high.

Thank you for that information, it is very good to know. Kind of scary though!!!
SHALENA

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Thank you for that information, it is very good to know. Kind of scary though!!!
SHALENA

S/he is right. If you are not 100% positive you can win, figure a different way to deal with it. This is not the U.S. where you can sue someone and just walk away later.

That said, I was in business in the U.S. for almost 20 years in a high technology, high risk company and never had a single lawsuit. I've been in this country 8 years, in business for 5, and have about 10 lawsuits going at the same time. It is a very litigious society here in my opinion.