Phone (Blackberry) repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Anyone know of a good phone repair place, preferably in Cabarete or Sosua?

I need a new joystick (trackball) for my blackberry. The guy who used to be in Cabarete and recently moved to Sosua said he can't find blackberry parts in the DR. Given that both Claro ad Orange are selling Blackberries now, I would think someone can fix them...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Check with Frank at Copy Copy. This is a small store on the main road just after Caribe Tours in Charamicos heading towards PP. If he cannot do it he will know where to send you. Claro sends cell phones to him that they cannot fix.

Frank 809-571-1676. Tell him Ricardo sent you.

Reactions: DavidZ

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Check with Frank at Copy Copy. This is a small store on the main road just after Caribe Tours in Charamicos heading towards PP. If he cannot do it he will know where to send you. Claro sends cell phones to him that they cannot fix.

Frank 809-571-1676. Tell him Ricardo sent you.

Thanks Ricardo!

I need a new joystick (trackball) for my blackberry. The guy who used to be in Cabarete and recently moved to Sosua said he can't find blackberry parts in the DR. Given that both Claro ad Orange are selling Blackberries now, I would think someone can fix them...

Had the same problem 2 weeks ago, Noone in Puerto Plata was any help, You will have to goto Santiago or Capital.Please let me know if you find someplace.

just curious did you ever get the blackberry fixed? If you did could you share the info. Thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
just curious did you ever get the blackberry fixed? If you did could you share the info. Thanks

Well...a friend of mine actually took the trackball module apart and cleaned it...put it back and it works again. Not as smoothly as when it was new, but definitely works. It was very easy to do, but a little time-consuming (took about 30 minutes). Since it is entirely mechanical, not electronic, if your trackball isn't functioning, this will probably fix it. The only tools needed are a very small (hobby or jeweler's) screwdriver and/or an exacto-type knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.