What are some good gyms other than Gold's Gym to workout in Santo Domingo?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I will not pay RD$2,200 a month to work out at Gold's Gym in Santo Domingo. The is like $70 a month USA dollars. I only pay $15 USA dollars a month to workout at Gold's Gym here each month in Florida. Can someone suggest another good gym to workout in Santo Domingo with the rate of about 1000 pesos or less per month. Are there any good gyms in Santo Domingo with good nautilus equipmemt and free weights?

Reactions: acmike

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I will not pay RD$2,200 a month to work out at Gold's Gym in Santo Domingo. The is like $70 a month USA dollars. I only pay $15 USA dollars a month to workout at Gold's Gym here each month in Florida. Can someone suggest another good gym to workout in Santo Domingo with the rate of about 1000 pesos or less per month. Are there any good gyms in Santo Domingo with good nautilus equipmemt and free weights?

Hit the search button. There was a pretty good deal recently for Golds Gym to DR1 members. I believe Robert got the deal.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
There's a place in the Colonial Zone west of Hostos on Bellini (I think). There's a dry cleaners on the same street. Two story sweat shop (a real gym). They had newer cardio equipment and a bunch of free weights. Most of the machines were "stack and press" instead of moving pins on a pile of weights.....everything was in working order.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
There's a place in the Colonial Zone west of Hostos on Bellini (I think). There's a dry cleaners on the same street. Two story sweat shop (a real gym). They had newer cardio equipment and a bunch of free weights. Most of the machines were "stack and press" instead of moving pins on a pile of weights.....everything was in working order.

The name of this gym is Nuevo Creation and is as described by the previous poster. It has everything you need for a good workout. The equipment is older but they take good care of it. The 2nd floor has a number of stationary bikes and eliptical machines and is air conditioned. The first floor has only large fans. It should be in your price range.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Nueva Creacion is RD$500 per month.

Arzobispo Nouel #204, Zona Colonial
(809) 682-1655

I miss the days when I paid RD$500 a month at Nueva Creacion. Now Gold's is dropping the hammer...

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
try Gimnasio Palace. this is one of the oldest gym in santo domingo. it has a good reputation for many years. if you are serious in working out, this is the place. I used to go to gold?s gym, and I changed to Palace. now I have much better body. they have trainners with lot of experience. plus, you pay half than gold?s.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Ave. 27 de feb. esq. Privada. next to musicarro.
very good location for people who live outside of the metro area.
good for mirador norte and sur, anacaona, los cacicazgos, millon, las praderas, etc.
monthly fee is 800

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Ave. 27 de feb. esq. Privada. next to musicarro.
very good location for people who live outside of the metro area.
good for mirador norte and sur, anacaona, los cacicazgos, millon, las praderas, etc.
monthly fee is 800

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they do a monthly or casual membership?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
they have any kind of membership.
Actually i paid for 3 months membership 2,700(900 month), because i still have my golds membership.
I think for 1 month is 1000
for a week 400
150 a day

Sanation

May 21, 2007
they have any kind of membership.
Actually i paid for 3 months membership 2,700(900 month), because i still have my golds membership.
I think for 1 month is 1000
for a week 400
150 a day

Very economical... particularly when you consider The Body Shop is charging RD$400 per day!

Magaly Lecorps

Jan 30, 2013
For working out....

I need to know about Gold Gym that is located in Independencia. I'm not sure in which kilometro it is but it might be in Km8 more or less. I live in the Cacique and I need a gym that is very well equiped and where I wd feel comfortable as far as working out... Of course this is Santo Domingo, DR. Thanks for your help!!!

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I need to know about Gold Gym that is located in Independencia. I'm not sure in which kilometro it is but it might be in Km8 more or less. I live in the Cacique and I need a gym that is very well equiped and where I wd feel comfortable as far as working out... Of course this is Santo Domingo, DR. Thanks for your help!!!
Best gym in the area is the new Body Shop across from Bella Vista Mall

Rainwater

Jan 23, 2013
I'm a sea/outdoors nerd so I love love love the gym at the little beach park on the malec?n. You get wonderful good chi and people watching + surfers! I do a circuit: down the stairs to the beach, across the sand, up the ramp, do the machines then back to the beach. Awesome workout and I'm not locked up in a gym!

~Shalom~

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Best gym in the area is the new Body Shop across from Bella Vista Mall
Yes, hands down!

Its not just the best gym in the area, its the best (and largest) gym on the whole island!

jackfi

Mar 31, 2013
Any recent updates regarding Gimnasio Palace's daily rate nowadays? And are there other good options for a good gym in SD with a modest daily rate?

I like a gym that is not a hardcore and underground, but not too posh either.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Body shop is def the best gym, 3 locations, naco, Bella vista and arroyo Hondo... Its expensive but worth it if you are serious and go to the gym 4-5x week...

Since when 70$ us is 2200 pesos? Its more about 50$....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Michael Christopher

Mar 18, 2014
The name of this gym is Nuevo Creation and is as described by the previous poster. It has everything you need for a good workout. The equipment is older but they take good care of it. The 2nd floor has a number of stationary bikes and eliptical machines and is air conditioned. The first floor has only large fans. It should be in your price range.

This is a great Gym, worked out there several times. You will be pleased.

jackfi

Mar 31, 2013
Body shop is def the best gym, 3 locations, naco, Bella vista and arroyo Hondo... Its expensive but worth it if you are serious and go to the gym 4-5x week...

I've been few times in Body Shop Bella Vista and Naco, and they are nice and well equipped gyms for sure. They also tend to be a bit over crowded in the peak times at least. I don't recall was the day pass to Body Shop 500 or 1000, but I remember it being a bit pricey.