the Fisherman at the Elegance

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so finally the awaited Majestic Elegance shows face.
and a beautiful one i want to mention.
i had today together with WUD a private tour throu the property and been able to take a bunch of fotos which i think bring a upcoming new Jewel in the PC-Hotel Crown into the right light.
below i copy my little report about my first impressions of the new Majestic Elegance.
at the end i will post the link to my webshots page where i uploded the fotos to.
enjoy them
Mike
-------------------------------------------------
like announced some days ago,

the Elegance switched it's prior sheduled opening 2 weeks back to november 14th 2008 due to too wet daytime conditions during the time the workers had to do the outdoor cement jobs, that's the reason for the delay.

the buildings for the nov 14th opening???

i've been there,

they are finished,

inside and outside,

i've been in a bunch of rooms, downstairs, middlestairs, upstairs, gardenside, poolside ...

what i think??

absolutely nothing.

if i would be a thinker, i would be a UNI professor.

what i felt?

just GREAT.

i will sure not go on with that bad bordmembers behaviors on many different bords of the last 2 months who just hyped up a new resort which is still not open.

there is still a lot to do left til november 14th and there will still be a lot work to do left after the first opening november 14th.

exactly like expected,

we never in history had a resort completely new opened after every detail been ready.

for the nov 14th opening there will be a whole complete and towards the rest closed section open, no workers running in front of your door, no loud construction machines will be heard or disturbing your relaxing vaca at a new future top spot in punta cana, and on that point i am sure for myself, what i saw today is the finishing process of a beautiful place, done with a lot of love even for small details, using just top quality furnitures, stainless steel equipment in all bathrooms, i even liked the designs of the trashcans in the rooms, ha ha, yeap, you may smile, i did myself, but that style is done with love for details, and they hit exactly my personal taste.

i never saw so many jacuzzies in just a few hours of time, wow, they are everywhere, they are big, they are great located, and i will not post any pictures of any test-jacuzziing, i've been for the visit without my Mrs, lol.

from the final outfit the buildings are all located on both sides of the pool, heck, what pool, at that elegance you find one pool after an other, if my count is right there are 4 pools in one line running from the lobby down to the beach only in the regular/family section, one behind an other, like a little river, with wooden bridges crossing everywhere, different depths, very family/children friendly shallows, deeper water for the adults.

did i mention that all those pools are just the regular-family-styled area??

yes, you assumed right,

there are more, because i still did not talk about the adults only buildings down right on the beach, each of those adults only suites, and suite is a standard at the Elegance, nothing minor available, all those adults only suites have their view on their private pool AND on the ocean, so forget about a oceanview request when booking adults only at the elegance, you'll have it anyways.

each adults only building has it's own private adults only pool, separated from the rest of the resort by a natural wall with trees/flowers aso on it. each adults only building has it's own reception area for check in/concierge services of the guests from that specific building, including a bar terrace on each adults only building, so you're never far from the next drink. of course those terasses also overlook straight the ocean.

all a la carte restaurants are accessible without prior reservation, airconditioned receiption area at each restaurant, except the Gourmet restaurant right on the oceanfront, here all wished bookings can be made upon arrival/on check in. the name of that restaurant is Sea and See, right, they serve Seafood and while enjoying that you See/overview the ocean, feel a nice breeze, you can even see the shipwreck astrom to your right while dining there.

i liked a lot the huge spacy Japanese room, a real japanese styled a la carte, high ceiling at the steakhouse, and there will be a romatic a la carte one with the more 'honeymoon' atmosphere.

overall the elegance is designed in a 'old spanish' style, buildings where some a la cartes are located are from their outside a copy of the Alcazar de Colon in Santo Domingo, all made and covered in natural stone.

will all be ready for november 14th 2008???

of course NO!

i want to make that very clear to bring first month visitors back in their mind that they are visiting a brand new opening resort, receiving discounts of 40-60% compared to final rates for the same packages, so there will not be everything finished by november 14th 2008.

but the management has it's clear vision how to handle that "opening phase".

all first time elegance visitors will be in the finished section which i completely walked today(aside of a walk throu the rest of the resort to get a good overview on all) and after nov 14th there will no more noisy jobs need to be done. the not finished/ready buildings will at least be ready from the outside, so the inside jobs on airconditioning aso will not bother anybody, from the outside look you could not say which building is ready with customers in it and where hidden behind the walls/doors some jobs are still done to get ready.

the still to do jobs will be covered/hidden, so they should not bother anybody, you will not visit a constructionsite.

on nov 14th some a la cartes may still not be ready to use from the first day on, the management has it's own and in my opinion very reasonable/good ideas on how to manage that.

such will not be written about on the bord before the opening, surprise is surprise.

so for everybody visiting the elegance during the first weeks/month, go with an open mind, and i assure ya that you will have a fantastic time there.

what i saw today is the growing/birth of a new jewel in PC which i like a lot, but please expect that not all amenities will be available during the first 4 weeks after the opening.

after that, just a top spot to stay.

if you know the lobby of the Colonial,

the Elegance lobby covers 2 1/2 times that space,

and like that also all rooms are very spacy arranged, all bathrooms have their separate doors to enter the toilets or the walking showers, when in your indoor jacuzzi it is your choice to overview the pool area/beach area or to just close the screens of the windows.

sparate room service doors at all rooms aside the maindoor, so you get not disturbed when your ordered meal/drink arrives, the staff just opens a little roomservice door to leave you your order, you will notice the arrival by a light turning on inside the room, so you go on with your relaxing vaca without the need to let stuff in to receive your ordered champagne or food.
-------------------------------
link to the fotos:
Majestic Elegance Oct 30th Mike Fisher Tour pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Reactions: mike l