rio san juan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
Hi, all. We're coming down to the DR on Nov. 7th, and our itinerary includes Cabarete and Sosua and we're thinking of spending a few days in Rio San Juan. Initially, we had thought about trekking to Las Terrenas, but we're reconsidering since it's so far, and I've already been there. Is the trip to Rio San Juan worth it? How far of a guagua ride is it? Since we're only going to spend 2 days there, what would you recommend we do while there? I hear the diving is good, so I plan on doing some of that. Is Laguna GriGri worth seeing? Also, where should we stay? We prefer apartments or condos, but will stay at a hotel if it's recommended. If you can recommend a condo, we prefer a two bedroom under $120/night. Any and all suggestions welcome!

thanks!

Rebecca

kmorris

Feb 20, 2006
I recommend the Bahia Blanca in Rio San Juan. It has your basic accomodations, but do not expect to be spoiled. It is situated right on the ocean, and has its own restaurant where you can have breakfast and dinner. You will not find all of the creature comforts, so no telephone, no tv, no a/c, and you will have warm water sometimes. Send me a pm and I can send you some pictures if interested. Also, if you have not taken the Gri Gri Lagoon tour you might as well go since you will be there. You will not be awestruck by any means, but it is a neat little trip. We go on it every time we go to Rio San Juan.

Kelsey

Status
Not open for further replies.