Hotel info for Higuey

Hey all you east coast guys help a guy who has rarely been out east, I need a nice not to expensive hotel in or around Higuey for an overnight stay. I definately need A/C and cable TV would be nice, but most importantly I need a secure hotel preferably with a parking lot.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hey all you east coast guys help a guy who has rarely been out east, I need a nice not to expensive hotel in or around Higuey for an overnight stay. I definately need A/C and cable TV would be nice, but most importantly I need a secure hotel preferably with a parking lot.

I have stayed in Don Carlos. Very nice place.;)

I think the rate was USD 40.00. There is a very good restaurant in the hotel.

The hotel is not far from the famous monument.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Hotel Bolivar, just after you enter Higuey, on your left hand side, before reaching Isla gas station. It has AC, TV, cable and Planta. Basics. No hot water (I doubt any hotel in Higuey has got it). Has a guarded parking lot. 500 or 600 pesos a night (overnight till 11 AM).

There is new hotel...something de Sol... just besides Ferreteria La Imagen (exit El Seybo, after Iberia shopping)... I will stop by today and investigate prices and have a peek.

If you want a bit upscale, but $$$, try MiraCielo
Costs around US$ 50 per night
Hotel Restaurante Mira Cielo - Home

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hotel Bolivar, just after you enter Higuey, on your left hand side, before reaching Isla gas station. It has AC, TV, cable and Planta. Basics. No hot water (I doubt any hotel in Higuey has got it). Has a guarded parking lot. 500 or 600 pesos a night (overnight till 11 AM).

There is new hotel...something de Sol... just besides Ferreteria La Imagen (exit El Seybo, after Iberia shopping)... I will stop by today and investigate prices and have a peek.

If you want a bit upscale, but $$$, try MiraCielo
Costs around US$ 50 per night
Hotel Restaurante Mira Cielo - Home

I stayed at Mira Cielo for one night when we had the heavy rains to escape my flooded house and i was really impressed. I paid about $60 but my room was huge and very nicely done out and even had a desk, dining room and kitchen with large fridge and even a range. There was a very large flat screen T.V, hot water and the bed was a King size.

I thought it was very resonable, I have stayed in Don Carlos also which isnt too bad but the sound echoing in the hall ways at night woke me on several occasions. Whereas the rooms at Mira Cielo are more like apartments and are not linked by hall ways so you shouldnt be disturbed by other guests.