Offroad-Sosua/Cabarete to Jarabacoa

snicker

Apr 7, 2008
Does anyone have any info on a route from Sosua area to Jarabacoa using mostly offroad roads/trails. I would like to make a trip on dirtbike and stay off the main roads as much as possible.

Any directions or GPS files would be greatly appreciated.

Snicker

Sep 19, 2005
talk about a mind boggling pursuit!!!!!

leave your self LOTS of extra DAYS to occomplish that feat!!! ha ha ha

in many parts there are very few if not ONLY one road that takes you over a mountain area. and it probably will be paved.

you would do better to break that trip down into smaller segments.

good luck

too bad the trees would block your view of trying to pick dirt roads off of a satelite photo, to figure if they connect to where you want to end up

bad bad bob

snicker

Apr 7, 2008
There are some good looking options from the North Coast to Santiago/Moca Area that can sort of be seen on google earth. There is a big area below
Santiago that is low resolution so I'm not sure what is going on there. There might also be possibilities slightly east. It would definitely be an exploration expedition. I'll let you know if I find anything out or actually take the trip.

Snicker

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I've not made the trip, but I understand the road near Sosua up into El Choco (where Casa Linda is) eventually makes it's way to Jamao. The pavement ends at Haciendas El Choco about 5 minutes in from the highway and the road remains reasonably good for at least the next 10 minutes. I suspect it deteriorates pretty soon after that.

Anyhow, that might be the first part of your trip. A while back I traced the road quite a ways using google earth, but didn't try to follow it all the way to Jamao.

So... that 'might' be the first part of your trip. Make sure to get more certain info than I've offered here before you take off.

snicker

Apr 7, 2008
Thanks,
I am familiar with the "El Choco" road. It comes out about 5kms south of Sabaneta on the road to Moca.
I also know the other road shown on map maker coming from Bellavista that comes out near Jamao. There is one river crossing that can be tricky depending on the river level.

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ll=19.711445,-70.440216&spn=0.159017,0.233459&z=12&gw=10

There is another road I'm trying to follow that runs from near the Turistica Highway and the Yasica down to about 15km north of Moca that might be good. There are some clouds in the way and spots I can't quite follow on the google earth.

For sure a few road trips exploring will be needed.

Thanks,
Snicker

Last edited: