Orange Cell Phone Question

backandforth

Nov 20, 2008
The last time I was in Punta Cana, I purchased an Orange Cell phone. I believe the money on the phone will expire soon. Can one of my friends down there just add money to my cell number to keep the SIM card active? I think this can be done at a local store (ie. pharmacy....I just gave them my cell number and my money when I bought time....no scratch cards). I will be returning in one month's time and I don't want a new number and I don't want to buy a new SIM card.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
If you are adding money to the phone number then it will remain active.

So yes your friends can add time to your phone.

Cheers
Erin

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The last time I was in Punta Cana, I purchased an Orange Cell phone.....

How long ago were you in Punta Cana? If more than 30 days you may have already lost your minutes and if more than 60 days you may have lost your phone number also.

backandforth

Nov 20, 2008
I was there just a few weeks ago, so I will make sure to get someone to add some money to the cell number this way I don't lose my funds or my cell number.

Thanks!

I bought an Orange phone with prepaid minutes, and I explained to them my situation, that I visit the DR every three months.

They told me about the expiration of the minutes, but they never said that I could lose the phone number also. If that happens, what's the procedure to get another one?

Are all the companies there like that. If not, let me know which isn't and I'll do business with them. I know of Claro and Viva, but I never looked into them.