hotel in the south?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
some of my friends are coming for holy week and i'm kind of sick of the north coast.

any suggestions for a decent AI resort - similar in price to, say, the Ahmsa Marina in Sosua (about 60-70USD per night) and no more than 3.5 hours (in private car) from Santiago.

Anything? or am i just dreaming?

theman

Aug 25, 2008
some of my friends are coming for holy week and i'm kind of sick of the north coast.

any suggestions for a decent AI resort - similar in price to, say, the Ahmsa Marina in Sosua (about 60-70USD per night) and no more than 3.5 hours (in private car) from Santiago.

Anything? or am i just dreaming?

amsha marina also own Grand Paradise Resort in Punta Cana, give it a try.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Punta Cana is too far.

Your options would have to be Boca Chica and Juan Dolio.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
decent in Juan Dolio would be hard. The best is Barcelo Capella which is 4 star going on 2. Or embassy suites in Metro Country club but that is not in the town. Your best bet here would be apartments - Costa del Sol and there are some nice restaurants but that is not all inclusive

matilda

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
do you really need an AI? El Candil in boca chica is really nice. When i get there i just feel like i am home. If you want real night life (not hooker bars) Santo Domingo is just about 20-30 mins away.

Boca chica gets slammed here a lot. But durring the week it is nice and quiet. On sunday it is crowded with many people from the capital....but it is always fun for people watching.

Juan Dolio is nice...but very quiet. I like going to Playa Caribe. A very small beach with HUGE waves for boogie boarding or body surfing.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Juan Dolio is nice...but very quiet. I like going to Playa Caribe. A very small beach with HUGE waves for boogie boarding or body surfing.

Sorry.Playa Caribe shut. Construction for a change!!! Guayacanes is still nice but not big waves. El Pescador restaurant is lovely with sun beds and open for breakfast lunch and dinner.

matilda

B

BettyDiamond

sounds rather lovely.Do you know the average height of the waves as I am thinking of bringing my small grandchildren