Forum stats over the past three months

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Hi Robert,

I have been observing some interesting trends in the forums over the past three months and thought that maybe you have some stats to compliment my observations. Since the viewing feature was added a year and half to two years ago approx. it has been interesting to get a feel for the busiest and most popular forums. Other than the number of posts, it's been appealing to observe the trends.

What I have noticed over the past three months is an increase in some forums meaning during peak periods in the day, the number of people viewing have been at its highest ever and while other forums have had a notable decrease. Furthermore, it's interesting to know what accounts for the change- the threads, the posters, the time of year, level of interest, the moderating style, whatever the reason(s) may be there has been a change.

I have also observed that the busiest forums are still the Living, General and Travel sections. However, a forum that has picked up tremendously, not necessarily the posts but the # of viewers during peak periods is the Spanish forum. About an hour ago it peaked at 51 (viewing) and one time in October, I remember it went as high as 56 (viewing). These are all time highs for that forum. The Mars and Venus has lost its all time popularity IMO, the viewing numbers are the lowest ever as well as the posts. The Debates forum is quite inactive although it has picked up in the past few weeks. I recall when it was very active and when some of the regulars (of that forum) used to really debate.

If you can provide some stats it would be helpful. Surely, I am not the only one who has noticed these trends or may be interested in some stats. No rush Rob. I just thought it would be nice to show some of the percentages and peaks etc.

Regards,

-LDG.