I have a dream...

BIZC8

Dec 21, 2006
I have a dream that one day, our country will be able to rise above the shortcomings and lack of ethics, our disregard for morality, our disdain for those that decide they will not conform to the masses' stance on honesty and integrity and our total disconnection to sound principles that has managed to engulf our citizens, our families, our neighborhoods, our cities & towns, our provinces, our country.

I dream that one day, public civil service will not be contingent upon your political party affiliation but rather on your competence, skills and educational background.

And so I ask myself, how likely (or unlikely) could it be that corruption can start to be rooted out from the government by removing the political interests from the equation and allowing a civil service infrastructure to come into existence that will allow public servants to perform their jobs based on their capabilities rather than their partisan affinity?

As they say, it all starts with a dream... :paranoid: :ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Good points, imo opinion the churches will need to be a leader on this. The protestants here must learn that the worst thing in the world is not to be a protestant and to smoke and drink and the Catholics need to discuss social issues at the pulpit and riducule those who leave their faith at the church door.

Expectations have to increase before results can happen, and only dicussing the issues and holding people accountable will lift the veil of ignorance.

I have a dream that one day, our country will be able to rise above the shortcomings and lack of ethics, our disregard for morality, our disdain for those that decide they will not conform to the masses' stance on honesty and integrity and our total disconnection to sound principles that has managed to engulf our citizens, our families, our neighborhoods, our cities & towns, our provinces, our country.

I dream that one day, public civil service will not be contingent upon your political party affiliation but rather on your competence, skills and educational background.

And so I ask myself, how likely (or unlikely) could it be that corruption can start to be rooted out from the government by removing the political interests from the equation and allowing a civil service infrastructure to come into existence that will allow public servants to perform their jobs based on their capabilities rather than their partisan affinity?

Keep dreaming my friend, it will never happen in our life times.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

One day Si Dios quiere

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
One day Si Dios quiere

No, one day, si los Dominicanos quieren, only ;). It's in their hands. God gave them hands, now they just gotta do it, all of them... not just the "others", the "rich" or the el presidente.

Democracy is not only a priviledge, it's a responsiblility.
It's corrupted minds which elect currupt governments.
Progress is not given, it's made.

... J-D.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
A little bit worrying when I hear this,

"Democracy is not only a privilege, it's a responsibility."

As far as I am aware, democracy and free speech are RIGHTS - NOT PRIVILEGES!!!!

BIZC8

Dec 21, 2006
Are you in the DR or an expat Dominican? If the latter maybe come home & work to make your dream a reality? There are other likeminded people you could join with.

At this point, I'm an ex-pat Dominican. However, my plans are to relocate back to the DR. It just isn't the right time for me. I've got a few things I need to first accomplish on this side of the pond before I make the move; and when I do, believe me, I will be very much involved.

If you happen to be one of those like-minded people, then by all means, don't let me stop you from providing your contact info. I will definitely need you.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
My point is that as long as Fox news (for example) keep having political pundits on that say that our freedom is a privilege and not an (inalienable) right, then we might start to forget that this is not the case - I think this is happening already.

Off topic but important. This is not semantics or syntax - it is at the crux of our society and people need reminding.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I should qualify that statement by saying that I am a subject, not a citizen - I have no bill of rights and can never be president of my country.
That is why USA is so cool and UK kinds sucks in a 500 year old kind of a way.
Still, we do grow nice lawns.

Sep 19, 2005

keep dreaming buddy...those dreams only come true in evil countrys run by very bad men, like George Bush....yeah..America

outside of that country...good luck turning a burning plane around.

bad bob