Visiting Santiago

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
My first visit to Santiago was in June when I came to visit the 2 boys whom I sponsor with Children Internatianal. At that time, I promised them that I would be back in December and so here I am, having arrived on December 16.

I will be visiting with the kids and their families tomorrow, but in the time that I've been here, I've been out and about and taking a few pictures. I will be here until December 26, at which time I leave to spend 4 days in Cabarete.

As was the case when I was here in June, I used Dominican Transfer to get me from Puerto Plata and, as usual, their service was superb. I had the same driver and this time he decided to take me on the scenic route through the mountains - more like a trail than an actual road but the views are spectacular. Once again, I'm staying at the Aloha Sol hotel - it's nothing "elaborate" but the room is decent and so are the meals and the price is right at $52 US a night.

Anyway, here's some pics:

santiago.jpg

santiago1.jpg

santiago2.jpg

santiago3.jpg

santiago4.jpg

santiago5.jpg

santiago6.jpg

santiago7.jpg

santiago8.jpg

Cheers!
Robin

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
As was the case when I was here in June, I used Dominican Transfer to get me from Puerto Plata and, as usual, their service was superb. I had the same driver and this time he decided to take me on the scenic route through the mountains
Robin

Does his name is Joselito???? the one who his wife's family lives in la Cumbre beside the police station??? If so you had the best driver of the north coast.
I highly recomend his services...

JJ.