Orientation in Santo Domingo

Naastja

Dec 21, 2008
Hello,

one more question.
We arrive in Santo Domingo from Punta Cana by local bus. But as we undertand, there are 2 bus stops of this line in Santo Domingo, where we could get off. Further we need to gey to Colonial zone, our hotel is Hodelpa Caribe Colonial Hotel (Isabel la catolica- zona colonial 159). So we wonder, what is our bus stop and how to get to hotel (on foot or by bus/taxi?)

thanks =)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
If so, the first stop is actually closer but not by much. If you are going to take a taxi either one of the stops would be ok. If you are a first time visitor and don't speak Spanish I would recommend getting of at the second stop because the area is less hectic and possibly daunting to a first time visitor. The first stop is at Parque Enriquillo and the second stop is a few meters away from Maximo Gomez in Gazcue.

"So we wonder, what is our bus stop and how to get to hotel (on foot or by bus/taxi?)"

How much luggage will you have? If you have luggage a taxi would be your best bet. If you are traveling light you could walk south on Maximo Gomez to Avenida Independencia (about 4 streets away) and take a public concho to Parque Independencia. The Conde starts there and is a pedestrian street. Just walk all the way down the Conde to Parque Colon. That is where you will intersect with Isabela la Catolica.

I hope that this will help. Enjoy your trip!

First- compliments to Newuser for such a complete response.... Second.. my vote would be to just take a cab from the first stop- Cabs are only 120 pesos which is about $4... and it is long walk from Maximo Gomez to the Zona - unless perhaps you are backpackers-- and on my first day, after the flight, and all-- take the cab, get settled in and RELAX,,, welcome.