Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Baby formula/milk available in the DR?

Can anyone tell me what brands of baby formula are available in the DR, specifically in Puerto Plata/Santiago?

Do they sell the SMA brand there? Do they sell ready made formula in cartons?

Also, I am assuming it's OK to boil the drinking water you buy by the gallon from the colmado to make up the formula with?

Thanks
    Daydream

Post Thanks / Like

The water you buy is 100% pure, so everyone just mixes it with the formula...See, we do have a lot of kids here and they seem to grow up...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - its just I did a search before posting and people were talking about having to buy some special baby water but I thought if you boiled the drinking water this would be sufficient.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Formula..

They have Similac, Isomil and Emfamil here that I have noticed. The one i use I have sent from canada. The ones mentions above hurt my sons little tummy. I use Orbis baby water and its actually easier than having to boil water and put it in the fridge then warm it up again later. I leave it out on top of my microwave and feed the baby room temperture formula. Its 70 pesos for a 4 litre. Its convience im after, having a new born is difficult enough..i sure you know how it feels...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

sheri
    do you know approx how much it costs compared to canadian prices? ie. similac or something similiar
    sangria