medicine access

E

elizabeth

I am trying to find out the availability of Epivir [lamivudine--also known as 3TC], Zerit [stavudine--also known as d4T], and Crixivan [indinavir] in the Dominican Republic. My questions include
-how can one get those drugs?
-how easy is it to get them?
-are any concerns or problems regarding their acquisition?
-are there any articles about the availability of these drugs in the Dominican Republic?
-are there any web-sites that address any of my questions?
-are there any agencies or people that can provide me with more info [especially written info, like articles or pamphlets]?
Thank you very much for any information you can proffer.

D

DR1

From the DR1 Health FAQ - http://www.dr1.com/health.htm

-----------------------

Can I get my prescription drugs in the DR?
Most prescriptions can be filled in the DR. If the brand name is not available, a substitute can be found. It is recommended, though to bring an adequate supply of all prescription and other medications as well as any necessary personal hygiene items, including a spare pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses if necessary so that valuable vacation time not be lost shopping for these.

-----------------------

The DR has some excellent Pharmacies with most drugs carried.
In most cases you do not require a prescription.

Always liked the fact that you could buy as many as you needed.
Going to the local drive thru Pharmacia at 3am and asking for 2 aspirins and a liter of water always raises a smile :)

Yes, drinking and driving laws are very relaxed in the DR!

Rob.

W

WBDominicana

Re: Meds...talk to me...

Elizabeth, please help me narrow my search in finding info for you. Are you preparing a paper, or are you thinking of purchasing these meds for use elsewhere? Feel free to email me and I'll try to help you.
Regards,
WBD

C

curious

Is this intended for an AIDS patient in the DR? For purchase for personal use? For parallel importing into the U.S.? Or just a research project for school or for a group like cptech or MSF or HealthGAP?