moped price

Status
Not open for further replies.

rox1547

Oct 1, 2008
Hello...

We've been looking at possibly buying a 150cc moped, and like the LF-150-T8. I never heard of it before, being from Canada, but research tells me Lifan makes it, but I guess it gets rebranded here.
Anyway, we found a brand new one, and they want 56,000 pesos. This is with no haggling, just enquiring. My question is, how much are they really worth? I'm not familiar with the brand. Is this reasonable, or should we try to get the price down, or get a Dominican friend to get us a better price?

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
I Paid $45,500 plus...

...1500 for a remote starter\alarm.
I have bill of sale and insurance included for 1 year and am still waiting for the matricula and placa, which they are supposed to look after.:cheeky:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hello...

We've been looking at possibly buying a 150cc moped, and like the LF-150-T8. I never heard of it before, being from Canada, but research tells me Lifan makes it, but I guess it gets rebranded here.
Anyway, we found a brand new one, and they want 56,000 pesos. This is with no haggling, just enquiring. My question is, how much are they really worth? I'm not familiar with the brand. Is this reasonable, or should we try to get the price down, or get a Dominican friend to get us a better price?
That's a decent price.

Moto dealers don't make much with the sales price. They make their money financing them at astromical rates.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I paid $40,000 in POP for the same thing............bring someone who speaks Spanish with you

rox1547

Oct 1, 2008
Yeah, I assumed we were getting gringo price, like I said we didn't haggle at all, just asked how much. Mike, how long ago did you buy, was it recently? And do you like the moped? I heard it was pretty reliable for a Chinese build

Status
Not open for further replies.