nude beaches

K

Ken

Can anyone tell me if there are nude beaches in D.R.? I'll be on the north coast.

S

Serge Boroday

Hi, I do know that some travel packages take you to hotels with private beaches and a number of them are nudist. Sosua is mostly top less and the bottom parts of those bathing suits are delicatly invisible. If you wish complete privacy right on the beach with total nudity, there's a beautiful hotel in Las Canas, about 40 minutes from Puerto Plata (to the east)which you will find very private.
The RD is my favorite place, I will be going there probably before year end.
Good luck and enjoy it. If you find something else, let me know.
Serge.

B

Bill MacDonald

Correct me if I am wrong but as I understand the it is a.) against Dominican Law and b.) all beaches are pulic and can not be owned by a hotel or resort. Thus no such thing as a private beach.

E

Eddy

Unless Eden is open, I know of no "official" nudist areas, beaches etc. on the North Coast.

S

Susanne

You will find plenty of places where women are topless but nude beaches? Not as far as I have heard. It is correct that all beaches are public and this is a Catholic country. Nudity is not exactly encouraged.

I believe that you may be able to find some lone stretches of beach where you could swim naked undisturbed. But as for official nude beaches I don't think they exist.

Regards,
Susanne